Gibson Brands Forums

Karma...

Silenced Fred

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christmas?

Is there any other "holiday" in December?

Bodhi Day (Enlightenment Day)

Bodhi Day honours the enlightenment of Siddhartha Gautama -- the Buddha. Buddhists observe the importance of this event by celebrating Bodhi Day usually on the eighth of December. The day is observed in many ways, including prayer, meditation and teachings. B)

I am big on giving and helping people out but I believe in doing it one person at a time. The first beneficiary of my charity I chose to help was me. I put my self through college, got a good job then put my wife through college and bought a few guitars then began giving to my children’s charity. My charitable act is keeping a roof over our heads and food on our table and hopefully sending my kids to college then having a little something to retire on. I guess I miss the feel good high from helping the entire world by putting change in a bucket, see I am only helping four people and six guitars stay off the streets, ahh charity, it’s a beautiful thing ain’t it?!? Think globally but act locally, take care of your family now so the system doesn’t have to later mmmk, thanks for playing.

See the quote from my neighbor "Only donate as much as you can afford". What he meant was, don't go into debt just so you can help someone else out.

Nobody is asking you to give away half of your paycheck to some organization.

Why do all of my threads go off on a complete tangent? I just post something being glad that I was able to make it to class in time, and I felt like karma helped, and now its going to this. Geez...

Yeah, I hear ya Fred.

Anyhow...

Bodhi Day honours the enlightenment of Siddhartha Gautama -- the Buddha.

Buddhists observe the importance of this event by celebrating Bodhi Day usually on the eighth of December.

My stepmother of 40 years is Japanese and has always had a small prayer room in their house.

She's never mentioned it, and is usually running around town with her car full of Christmas gifts by the 8th of December.

She does Christmas BIG - always has.

My main point is that we can go digging for any special circumstance for any special interest group.

But there CAN NOT be any mention of Christmas in December.

Makes no sense, and pisses off millions of Values people every year.

Bodhi Day (Enlightenment Day)

Bodhi Day honours the enlightenment of Siddhartha Gautama -- the Buddha. Buddhists observe the importance of this event by celebrating Bodhi Day usually on the eighth of December. The day is observed in many ways, including prayer, meditation and teachings. B)

and why is this not celebrated in April?

See the quote from my neighbor "Only donate as much as you can afford". What he meant was, don't go into debt just so you can help someone else out.

Nobody is asking you to give away half of your paycheck to some organization.

Why do all of my threads go off on a complete tangent? I just post something being glad that I was able to make it to class in time, and I felt like karma helped, and now its going to this. Geez...

Sorry Fred, I didn’t mean to derail your thread. Hey, maybe this is karma at work? Did you do something disruptive today? Maybe this karma coming back to getchya!?! I do applaud your charitable act. If it works for you then more power to ya. I just have a different way of going about it.

Sorry Fred, I didn’t mean to derail your thread. Hey, maybe this is karma at work? Did you do something disruptive today? Maybe this karma coming back to getchya!?! I do applaud your charitable act. If it works for you then more power to ya. I just have a different way of going about it.

LOL, not you, like everyone just went off. it's alright. I'm a lovable troll [wub]

The Human Fund and Money For People thing would be hilarious if it weren't so true...

<_< :unsure: [blink]

The guilt is overwhelming for some people, especially around the "holiday" that shall remain nameless.

They are convinced that somewhere, somebody might need YOUR money.

Even if it's because they're irresponsible morons suffering their own inevitable fate...

They won't give up their own dough, but they want the rest of us to pony up to make THEM feel better.

More important than the holidays, make sure you're prepared to give your all on November 2.

(This sh!t's gotta stop somewhere....)

Neo, let me know when you plan to run for President. You don't sound anything like a politician, so you'd get my vote.

P.S. You wouldn't wanna part with that SG 12-string of yours, would you?? This could end up being a big "+" on the Karma Kalculator. (Hey, I had to ask . . .)

Neo, let me know when you plan to run for President. You don't sound anything like a politician, so you'd get my vote.

P.S. You wouldn't wanna part with that SG 12-string of yours, would you?? This could end up being a big "+" on the Karma Kalculator. (Hey, I had to ask . . .)

...................My cat will be elected President before you will ever get Neo's 12 string SG.........................

Archived