Gibson Brands Forums

Bad Company!

canon_mutant

All the original members back together minus Boz, their bassist who died in 2006, I was impressed enough with their Paladia concert on HD TV that I scored a couple of tickets to Bad Company's last American show in Tulsa tonight. Despite poor Mick being injured with a knee brace on one knee and limping on the other, they still kicked a$$! [thumbup][love]

Also kinda cool seeing the mostly senior citizen audience [us included!] up dancing, yelling, clapping, singing, and carrying on . . . until they had to sit back down and rest a bit. [flapper]

Paul Rogers seemed genuinely impressed with how well we all did in the couple of sing along songs. For a fairly small venue, made lots of noise.

Sadly, they're off to Japan now for a few shows, back to the U.K. for a few shows, and then there's no intention to do anything more as Bad Company. [crying]

Anyway, this was one of the bands that I missed the first time around years ago and just really glad I got to experience them. My wife's even glad and she didn't think she was a Bad Company fan until she heard all those hits again. Played 'em all. Nearly 2 hours worth. 2 Encores. =D>

Good post!

Sadly, they're off to Japan now for a few shows, back to the U.K. for a few shows, and then there's no intention to do anything more as Bad Company. [crying]

I'll have to see when they're coming over here.

I'm old enough to remember the release of their first album. I was a huge fan of Paul Kossoff and when Free split was desperate to see what the 'new' (LOL!) band were up to...

Paul Rogers, of course, has been taking over the late, great Freddy Mercury's duties whenever Queen tour so he's been kept up to scratch and it's great to hear the rest of the guys who are still with us are similarly up for it.

Thanks for posting!

P.

... Also kinda cool seeing the mostly senior citizen audience [us included!] up dancing, yelling, clapping, singing, and carrying on . . . until they had to sit back down and rest a bit. ...

Ha! . . . . Brutal reality nipping at your heels. B)

Thanks for the post. Good to hear they're workin' it again.

Archived