Gibson Brands Forums

Speaking of "Covers"

jaxson50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH5SFemG8CI

Another great cover by Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl is my man crush

Hurt is a great song, and Cash ended up getting the rights to it. Reznar gave it to him because he felt that Cash did a better job on the song than he did when he wrote it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH5SFemG8CI

Another great cover by Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl is my man crush

Hurt is a great song, and Cash ended up getting the rights to it. Reznar gave it to him because he felt that Cash did a better job on the song than he did when he wrote it

Right on. The Foo's bring somethin' special to their covers.

I didn't know that about Hurt but I am glad to know it now. I like NIN and TR but Cash made that song his own, and he did it better IMO.

Right on. The Foo's bring somethin' special to their covers.

I didn't know that about Hurt but I am glad to know it now. I like NIN and TR but Cash made that song his own, and he did it better IMO.

I originally heard Cash's Hurt on Pandora Radio, looked it up and saw a video for NIN and clicked on it and I said "why did NIN ruin this song?" Then I was informed that Reznar wrote it, and Cash covered it, then Cash got the rights given to him because his version was phenomenal.

I almost cried when I heard it the first time, its one of the few covers I will actually play and not be like "I'm just playing this because others will know it"

Foo FIghters are ridiculously amazing. They are supposed to have an album coming out soon

I originally heard Cash's Hurt on Pandora Radio, looked it up and saw a video for NIN and clicked on it and I said "why did NIN ruin this song?" Then I was informed that Reznar wrote it, and Cash covered it, then Cash got the rights given to him because his version was phenomenal.

I almost cried when I heard it the first time, its one of the few covers I will actually play and not be like "I'm just playing this because others will know it"

Foo FIghters are ridiculously amazing. They are supposed to have an album coming out soon

I saw a interview with Reznar just after Cash passed away, he said that he loved Johnny's version and in effect said

"Johnny made it his."

stevef

great pick's!! Jeff Beck's "I Ain't Superstitous" is a classic...I still have that album...Thanks !

[thumbup]

Thanks jaxson- It took extra time to put together my post. I must have gone back to yourube a half dozen times to listen to the song.

"Truth" was one of the first CDs I bought. Over the years I had a few of copies of the 331/3, they always "wore out".

Thanks jaxson- It took extra time to put together my post. I must have gone back to yourube a half dozen times to listen to the song.

"Truth" was one of the first CDs I bought. Over the years I had a few of copies of the 331/3, they always "wore out".

Beck tapping into Willie Dixon...it was awesome...many British rockers of the 60's tapped into the Blues greats that most Americans had forgotten or just never paid attention too... The Stones, The Animals, Cream, The Yardbirds, The Spencer Davis Group, John Mayall and Fleetwood Mac to name a few had turned to African American Blues for inspiration. I for one am glad they did....

Archived