Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Day!!

Supersonic

This just arrived today. It's brand new and I only payed $299 for it. I'm not really even "an SG guy", but the deal was just too good to pass up.

G400.jpg?1288038000

This thing really does play great and I love the vintagey tremolo.

G400trem2.jpg?t=1288038353

I haven't really adjusted anything on it yet. Hell, I haven't even taken the stickers and the plastic off lol.

G400trem.jpg?t=1288038634

I did get this to put on it.

TUSQ.jpg?t=1288038891

I'll probably get some more goodies to upgrade it more next month. I'm thinking vintage style tuners would look pretty sweet. I'm sure I'll get a Swithcraft jack and maybe CTS pots. I'm liking it just how it is right now though! 300 bucks well spent!

HNGD SUPER

SNAP

pb130118.jpg

Mine has Gibson 57 Classics, and 4 push pull pots with Jimmy Page Wiring.

Mine would be the best setup guitar straight out of the box I've had hope yours is a good, they do look great, and have a great chunky neck.

Enjoy the hell out of it, yep coin well spent

Nice grab and a very nice price. G-400s look really sharp with a Maestro.

I've had one, but in cherry and chrome, for several years now and I love it. I put a BB Pro in the neck and a BBII in the bridge. It's definitely a keeper. I just played it this weekend at church, it sounded and played great. It's a very easy guitar to look at too.

G-400net1.jpg

Hey Super,

Congrats...That is beautifully "Classic".

I guess that makes you and Darren "Brothers in Arms".

Let's just not start World War III over who's doing the most axe mods!

Great pics....Thanks for the GAS!

Willy

Edit: JC you got in there as I was writing.... You guys are killing me!

Rastus shop around at special time I got mine for 600

Yeah but that's still twice the price, besides I live in the country, they only have 2 shops in town (40min away) and even when they run specials the deals aren't that great. I paid $999 for my Epi SG Custom (3 pup, no vibrola).

Yeah but that's still twice the price, besides I live in the country, they only have 2 shops in town (40min away) and even when they run specials the deals aren't that great. I paid $999 for my Epi SG Custom (3 pup, no vibrola).

HNGD Supersonic... & we're talking up a revolution in Oz [cursing]

Unfortunately we will never get RRP Parity, sea freight is bloody cheap but we are a country of 22 million as opposed to the US with a lot more.

Our distributors will by Epi's by the 40 foot container, and the US will get a whole shipload.

Our distributors will claim that when our dollar was low they were subsidizing our prices etc etc.

It sucks

Unfortunately we will never get RRP Parity, sea freight is bloody cheap but we are a country of 22 million as opposed to the US with a lot more.

Our distributors will by Epi's by the 40 foot container, and the US will get a whole shipload.

Our distributors will claim that when our dollar was low they were subsidizing our prices etc etc.

It sucks

Sucks alright, that's why I buy most of my gits and accessories direct from the U.S.

Well here's something cool for you Australian guys. This is the place where I got my SG on sale and apparently they just started shipping to Australia:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/international?src=3XFCBK1"]http://www.musiciansfriend.com/international?src=3XFCBK1"]http://www.musiciansfriend.com/international?src=3XFCBK1

Great news Super, thanks a heap for passing it on.

Archived