Gibson Brands Forums

ZVex Nano tube amp head

Dub-T-123

I think these things are great. I want one too, but the price prohibitive. I'm waiting for the cheaper competitors!

I'm also trying to convince the guy who made my Uber Champ to make me something in the 1/2 watt one watt range. Right now I use my Orange Tiny Terror as my "living room" amp for noodling while watching TV etc, but I'm barely cracking the volume knob open. I need something tiny but with good tone.

As an owner of a Little Lanilei, a few thoughts on low wattage tube amps....

They are ridiculously over priced

The Vox AC4TV8 does the same thing for under $150

I like the sound of my $29 plastic Fender Mini better than the Lanilei

If you plug it in to a 4 -12 cab it will be too loud to use in an apartment setting, defeating the purpose

I never understood why they claim that the amps are loud as a selling point. If I wanted loud, why would I by a low wattage amp?

A six inch speaker sounds like a six inch speaker

save your money

Billy Gibbons is now running five or six of those things in a chain in his Tone Dog setup (I think that's what it's called) that can be seen on the stage.

He was using Bixonic Expandoras but when I saw them at two shows in September the Bixonics had been replaced by these things (I was leaning against the stage getting a close look at them).

Billy Gibbons is now running five or six of those things in a chain in his Tone Dog setup (I think that's what it's called) that can be seen on the stage....

I've thought about getting one myself. ZVex seems to have a pretty good reputation.

I don't recall which one of you guys first posted this picture, but I thought it was cool.

ToneDog.jpg

I've thought about getting one myself. ZVex seems to have a pretty good reputation.

I don't recall which one of you guys first posted this picture, but I thought it was cool.

ToneDog.jpg

Wow, +1 for the picture post..[thumbup] Once again Billy Gibbons shows us why he a legend in all respects...[thumbup] A bit pricey; It looks so simple that even a Luddite could figure out how to use one.......[scared] :unsure: [flapper] ......( probably ).......[blink][lol]eusa_clap.gif:-$ :-k .......

They're also available in some cool handpainted finishes for the same price.

I didn't realize Gibbons was using these!

IMO (just judging from this video) this amp seems to sound better and more flexible than the ac4 (or other comparable amps). Plus it's just cool. I'm sure this amp is of considerably higher quality also.

Giantrobot I was thinking the same thing. If I could find a good schematic I could have my brother build me one.

As an owner of a Little Lanilei, a few thoughts on low wattage tube amps....

They are ridiculously over priced

The Vox AC4TV8 does the same thing for under $150

I like the sound of my $29 plastic Fender Mini better than the Lanilei

If you plug it in to a 4 -12 cab it will be too loud to use in an apartment setting, defeating the purpose

I never understood why they claim that the amps are loud as a selling point. If I wanted loud, why would I by a low wattage amp?

A six inch speaker sounds like a six inch speaker

save your money

I am with you.

And flame me all you want, but I hate low wattage amps. Loud cleans are part of my sound so one of these that gets dirty before I get above bedroom volume is right out.

Archived