Gibson Brands Forums

NPD!!! (New Puppy Day)

mr newhaven

thanks!!

he definitely is!

today in CT we had a freak snow/sleet storm...first of the year...lets just say...it took him a while to realize that he doesn't have to eat all the snow in front of him because there is just tons of it for him to pounce on!

hahaha

he is 13 weeks old...and "housebroken" can be used loosely!

he knows tricks like "sit" "paw" and "down" and does them with super enthusiasm...and he is good on the leash...as good as a puppy can be i suppose...

what im working on is establishing a schedule with him so that he knows when its time to eat/pee/play/etc...

so far he is like 7/10!

he had a couple of mishaps on the carpet but no #2's!!!

so some enzyme cleaner and its all good!!!

My 1 1/2 year old Belgian Shepherd mix still has "accidents" on the carpet once in a while. Usually if we are away for an overnighter and my inlaws take care of her. A little separation anxiety I think.

IMG_0067.jpg

My older girl (10 or so) never has accidents.

Good luck.

Dave

haha thanks for the well wishes...youre shephard is gorgeous!

best of luck!

did she ever try to jump through a glass door?

well if not...consider yourself lucky!

i saw chewie try and do that yesterday...he was very confused!

hahaha

She's gone through a screen door a couple of times. Bopped into the closed patio door only once. Solved the screen door problem by running three strips of green masking tape across the width of the screen and left it for a couple of weeks.

Now the only thing that has gone through the screen is me. Blame the dog of course :rolleyes:

awesome guitarest!

blitz looks like the man!!

i ran my pup through the gauntlet yesterday...made him visit 3 of my friends with 3 different dogs...in a trial by fire sorta situation!

i want him to be able to hang with me and get socialized as quick as possible...i dont want a timid and nervous pup!

i also dont want a sick one either so today he is taking a break!

haha

Congrats on the puppy, house training is difficult or easy depending on the dog. Blitz had it down at the old place but at the new house he is very confused and has had a few accidents of number 2 not number 1. Honestly I would rather have number 2; pick up solids and run over the spot with the carpet cleaner.

Time will go real fast it was just a few short weeks ago and Blitz was only 5lbs and not even 7 weeks old and this weekend he is almost 50lbs and turned 5 months on the 6th.

Sounds like Blitz is well on his way to being a really big boy.

My nephew's Pure Bred Shepherd is a female and is massive beside my Belgian who weighs close to 70 pounds . I think he mentioned that she is a "king" shepherd. New term for me.

We sure do love our animals don't we.

Dave

Sounds like Blitz. Maggie sounds like a very smart girl and it shows that they are more than just a pet by the way you speak of your 4 legged family members.

I know Blitz is just a puppy still and has A.D.D. as a puppy but he is so frigging smart its scary. Blitz is my first real German Shepherd in a very long time since most of my pups were pound puppies and could not be verified. Many were very smart but there is a different smartness with Blitz; its hard to explain. I have never had it so easy to show a pup a trick or what I want him to do and he picks it up as quickly as Blitz does. Its really scary and you look at him and you know he is thinking and does what is required. I can't wait till his attention span is longer and we can really work on what needs to happen.

You're a lucky man to have found Blitz. Especially as a service dog.

I don't expect to ever have another dog as smart and good natured as Maggie. I wish I could clone her.

Sorry Mr. Newhaven, we seem to have high hijacked your thread.

Back to you sir.

Dave

thanks!!

he definitely is!

today in CT we had a freak snow/sleet storm...first of the year...lets just say...it took him a while to realize that he doesn't have to eat all the snow in front of him because there is just tons of it for him to pounce on!

hahaha

Did we ever have a freak storm!!??

The weather sucks here, I'm going back to Nebraska.

no worries on the thread hijacking...im starting to get this whole "im proud of my dog" thing!

and youre right there are no "freak" storms up here...

its just i was a dumba$$ and didnt check the weather and woke up to quite a surprise!

haha

nebraska?

why would you go and do that?

America Started up in these parts!

Why would you want to leave that?

Cradle of the Modern Age up in here!

hahaha

*i have to tell myself these sorts of things to stay!

haha

cause if not...i would have been in San Diego YEARS ago!

haha

Archived