Gibson Brands Forums

Gold Armrest for Epi Sheraton 2?!!!

delek 99

For that price it should be solid gold.

The only way I can think of would be to trace the sheraton (where you'd like it to sit) onto a piece of paper, then try to find a G6134 in a shop and compare the radius of the lower bout.

I am going to be really dim here, and ask what the arm rest is for? (and don't say "for resting your arm on")

[blink]

But it is, you know how most players rest their forearm on the top front of the lower bass bout, it's a screw or stick on piece that covers that area so the finish doesn't get worn through.

But it is, you know how most players rest their forearm on the top front of the lower bass bout, it's a screw or stick on piece that covers that area so the finish doesn't get worn through.

Ahhhhhhh thanks, i was imagining all sorts of odd contraptions for stopping your left arm from getting sore when you are sitting down to play. lol thanks

does anybody know where i can get a gold armrest for an epi sheraton? theres one on ebay for a gretsch black penguin maybe that would fit? any ideas [confused]

Try PMing member Twang here .... he makes pickguards, etc, to order..... he's a pretty busy guy these days, it seems, modding amps.... but worth contacting him about it. Seems hard to find alternative replacement stuff than what came on an epi..... Twang (among others out there on the web) helps fill the void. You might need to send him a tracing, but ... could be well worth it if he can get the material you want.

Good luck!!!

Delek -

Some of the members over on The Gretsch Pages forum have had good luck with this part from Stewmac.com:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Banjo:_Armrests/Five-Star_Banjo_Armrest.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=2123

Again, measure carefully. Personally, I think those armrests are a very cool look on the right guitar ... much nicer than those funky pads that came on the back of Gretschs in days gone by.

Good luck!

Jim

Archived