Gibson Brands Forums

What happened to the Castro thread?

Riverside

Must a been someone else who turned it nasty. How, I haven't a clue. It was good history of the Gibson company. Castro had precious little direct affect on ECL, but his actions did put the Norton family in a worrisome situation that turned into a decade of acquisition, corporate raiding and intrigue. Not sure how that is delte-able content. I mean, really, most threads, that turn a bad corner get locked, but deleting is for the most nefarious of threads. Sorry if I started something off-limts.

It has been moved to AREA51 for Admin review. Any threads that take medium to hard political direction are moved from the public forums.

Oh.

My only interest was in the area of poor reading comprehension.

The paper referenced contradicted the original Poster's contention that Castro had something to do (I believe "plenty" was the word used) with the history of the company.

If that was the problem, oh well.

If someone else tried to make more out of it than there was, well then, good riddance.

I read an article once, Popular Mechanics, I think. Some lame brained, wet behind the ears, 'reporter' and his buddy decided to see just what was or wasn't going on in Area 51. I think it was post some 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire' sci-fi flick, so it was a hot topic.

Seems these guys drove past the afore-posted Area 51, or it real live counterpart. Sure enough, the reporter reported, a black Suburban appeared on the horizon. Spooked, the reporters turned tail... for a while. Then pluckiness got the better of them, [sneaky] then they decided to pursue the black Suburban, which retreated. [huh] for a while. This game of hot box continued for a couple reversals, where upon the black Suburban's occupants alighted from the black Sub in full 'battle rattle'. The 'reporters' beat it out of there.

This was pre 9-11. I wouldn't recommend trying it.. then or now. [crying]

It has been moved to AREA51 for Admin review.

Any threads that take medium to hard political direction are moved from the public forums.

Curious to hear YOUR clinical definition of this one, history here considered.

Instead of "medium to hard" maybe you meant to type "middle to Right" . . .

[blink]

(Don't ban me.) [rolleyes]

[blink]

Touche, very observant! I thought I was the only one that picked up on that type of things.

[blink]

Since you put it that way........ No political threads whatsoever.... Hope that is clear enough

Archived