Gibson Brands Forums

so gary moore is a lefty?

S t e v e

There's probably a bunch of us out there Steve (oops, I mean Jasper). I'm a lefty and when I first picked up a guitar it seem natural to me to use my dominant hand on the fretboard. I think it's worked out quite well for Gary and myself. B)

There's probably a bunch of us out there Steve (oops, I mean Jasper). I'm a lefty and when I first picked up a guitar it seem natural to me to use my dominant hand on the fretboard. I think it's worked out quite well for Gary and myself. B)

yes...also ritchie blackmoore, mark knopfler and bb king B)

Ditto.

At some point way back when, I decided to try a Lefty guitar to see if that would unlock anything for me.

I might as well have used my toes...

But yeah, I was ambidextrous as a kid and settled into an odd combo of Left/Right as I got older.

By twenty, I was shooting long guns and archery left-handed.

Handguns, pitching, right-handed.

Kick with my Left foot.

Boxing, my Left is worthless.

Write right-handed only now since I quit doing it Left-handed as a kid.

I find myself switching hands while doing various menial/mechanical tasks because one hand just works better than the other...

I'm originally a lefty as well, but I guess the teachers in Kindergarten didn't approve of me drawing with my left hand. Funny thing is, though, that I use my right hand for writing and guitar only, and other practical stuff- such as hammering, cutting, changing strings etc. etc. - I exclusively use my left hand for. So I guess I might be ambidextrous then?

I'm originally a lefty as well, but I guess the teachers in Kindergarten didn't approve of me drawing with my left hand. Funny thing is, though, that I use my right hand for writing and guitar only, and other practical stuff- such as hammering, cutting, changing strings etc. etc. - I exclusively use my left hand for. So I guess I might be ambidextrous then?

i think you might be mate, my 6yr old son also wrights and draws with both hands but 60% of the time he uses his left...no one else in my or my partners family are left handed [confused]

I'm originally a lefty as well, but I guess the teachers in Kindergarten didn't approve of me drawing with my left hand.

Same here.

First grade for me.

Teacher asked if I could write right-handed when she noticed me using my left.

I swapped hands and met her approval.

After that, she'd nail me every time she saw my pencil in the "wrong" hand.

I finally got used to it and stopped using my left altogether.

Oughta sue 'em.

Same here.

First grade for me.

Teacher asked if I could write right-handed when she noticed me using my left.

I swapped hands and met her approval.

After that, she'd nail me every time she saw my pencil in the "wrong" hand.

I finally got used to it and stopped using my left altogether.

Oughta sue 'em.

Sad thing, same thing happened to my father.

Archived