Gibson Brands Forums

Whats in your case?

neilpanda

Awesome Chanman! [biggrin] Where can I get one?

I got them for Christmas last year from my grandkids... I'll ask and see for ya! There were two in the pack... one was big enough to do my bass :)

***ETA***

meanwhile, check these out:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-PowerPeg-Battery-Powered-String-Winder?sku=369946

http://www.samash.com/p/Dunlop_Turbo%20Tune%20String%20Winder%20Green%20Glow_-49953703

Mine are plastic and just had the winders...

Most of my cases only have a guitar strap and tremolo arm in them, my 88 Strat also has an Allen Wrench for the locking trem.

My Deluxe Players Strat compartement has all the extra knobs, screws, one back plate, and some trem springs that I need to put in a spare parts box.

I also have a Fender Briefcase I keep all my accessories in; String Winder/ cutter, Strings, extra chord, slides, picks, wrenches, little note book, and such things.

247448.jpg

This is a fantastic addition to any field kit.

I have a nice tri-fold tool-n-stuff pack that I carry when I play out.

each of my cases hold, 1 pack extra strings, correct guage...picks, 1 lt.,1 md., 1 hvy,.....piece of an old 100% cotton T-shirt for cleanup.....strap with correct straplocks.

interesting side-note........when I was a practicing gunsmith, a young man brought in a "Volunteer Arms"(made in Tennessee) Thompson clone, complete with 30 round stick, and broken sear arm from his attempt to turn it full auto, he also had the compensator on BACKWARDS so the vent ports were blocked off by the barrel. (yes he had BEAT it all the way onto the barrel)

I replaced the broken parts, returned it to semi auto only, and installed his comp. correctly........then HE paid for a large bag of reloaded ammo for the "extensive testing" (snicker) I HAD to put it through.

To be a "cheap copy" it had a nice feel and performed flawlessly.

I have the same one, but without the cutter.

I hardly ever use it because most of my guitars have Sperzel locking tuners.

The cutter is what makes it so cool. It doesn't leave 'em with shapr ends and it's safer for the finish on the head stock than your average wire clippers.

Archived