Gibson Brands Forums

Local Robbery Attempt Goes Awry

Rocky4

Good for them. It would be a total scam if the restaurant owners faced charges for firing their weapons. To bad they didn't shoot the guy. That would put a scare in future would be robbers.

I don't own a gun, but I'm all for self defense especially against an armed arshole.

This type of crime is on the rise in a lot of places. As the economy tanks and people's situations get worse this will continue to happen. My friends and family still in Michigan tell me Port Huron has gotten exponentially more violent in the past three years.

And that story made me want a slice of pizza.

My drummer/ friend was playing a gig at a club in Long Beach. All of his bands gear was in his car. They were inside the club and when they came out he found his window smashed and all of his stuff had been looked through. The thieves were totally stupid. They left all of his expensive cymbals (really nice Zildians) and everything totally untouched. His car was full of drums, amps, PA, and other misc. gear. They took a super cheap knockoff Strat (below Squier in quality and really beat up) and a bag of factory reject drumsticks. We don't even understand why they took the sticks.

Now he's got a broken driver side window. We drove to Hollywood in his car yesterday and it was super cold!

"After a situation like this, I'll take the chance of being arrested," he said. "It's the world we live in today. It's crazy."

Welcome to my world.

Of course, it depends largely on the state you live in.

Not saying anything good or bad, it's just a fact.

Personally, if I see a gun pointed at me, the implied threat is clear; they want me to believe they will kill me.

Okay, got it.

That's all I need to know, I can then make the decision to defend myself without reservations.

Lawfully or not depends only on the local jurisdiction - I'll appeal to a higher power for my defense.

And Evol is right - it's only gonna get worse and worse for the next several years.

I'm old enough to remember the last round of this in the eighties.

People get ready, it's coming to your town.

[crying]

Good for them. It would be a total scam if the restaurant owners faced charges for firing their weapons.

indeed. but illinois sucks. i'm surprised they werent arrested immediately for carrying a firearm, which is very illegal in the People's Republic.

"It was amazing how fast police got there," Dan Agatucci said. "I'm blown away by how well they handled it. I can't say enough about them."

Go boys in blue!

Glad they got him... sorry he felt he had to rob someone.

Hope the guy gets 3 squares a day and a roof over his head for the next 5-10 years.

Archived