Gibson Brands Forums

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Silenced Fred

So what y'all doing?

I'm having dinner at our house, simple and small. Gonna record another song (hopefully) between now and dinner. Eating nothing in the mean time to save up room, but drinking tons of water.

Tomorrow, I'm going with friends for Black Friday shopping, mainly just to watch the free comedy that is people fighting over small items. Then, probably going to Sam Ash and Guitar Center to see if there is anything worth getting.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving, and is anyone else doing Black Friday stuff? I know must of you will probably be sleeping in or doing the online thing.

Traveling to the in-laws for wayyy too much food, then taking the family to see Harry Potter.

Tomorrow.... hmmmm. I saw the proprietor of the local music store and he is having a 50% off sale. I'm going to break a decades long tradition and go shop on Black Friday.....

He rarely has any real quality gear, but 50% off strings and picks is not bad either :)

I live 12 miles from the nearest traffic signal, so I'm OUTTA TOWN by default. [thumbup]

Simply getting home yesterday was an ordeal with all the travelers trying to get to California.

I made a couple of stops for Mrs. Neo - WalMart and Sam's Club.

Insanity.

And we're hosting Turkey Day for the first time in decades.

Once I headed west toward the open desert, I-10 came to a DEAD STOP.

Since my truck is 4x4 and I know all the trails in the area, I took the road less traveled.

I won't be back into town until Monday.

Mrs. Neo's Mom has been in the hospital since July, we nearly lost her four times.

They've had the huge T-Day at their house for 4 decades.

This is the first one with her stuck in a bed in town - everybody's kinda bummed.

Since the NeoCon Compound has plenty of room, we volunteered to have it here.

Families have sorta split off, tradition is eroding.

Gonna have a big crowd gathering shortly, minus some usual Power Players.

Lotsa unknowns.

Anyhow, the feast is impressive as I'm seeing it.

I'm doing my Bah - Humbug prep for the remainder of the year.

Once the calender flips to the last page I stay out of EVERYTHING but convenience stores.

[-(

My guitar shop friends will call me if something really cool shows up. [love][woot][drool]

I'm gonna eat a bunch of delicious food with my family and then go jam with my friends. My bandmate who moved to San Fran is in town so were getting together for a reunion jam.

I do stocking for a "super" Target. Last night I came into work and there was a guy sleeping in a tent out front. He's gonna be there all day today and tonight. I really don't understand why.

If you're looking to get a big flatscreen on the cheap, black Friday is the day to do it. We have some bigass flatscreens for like $300.

I'm gonna eat a bunch of delicious food with my family and then go jam with my friends. My bandmate who moved to San Fran is in town so were getting together for a reunion jam.

I do stocking for a "super" Target. Last night I came into work and there was a guy sleeping in a tent out front. He's gonna be there all day today and tonight. I really don't understand why.

If you're looking to get a big flatscreen on the cheap, black Friday is the day to do it. We have some bigass flatscreens for like $300.

Yeah, my parents might go get a TV or something. I'm hoping to get my friend out of the house for a jam tonight, but I doubt it will happen. Just listening to some CCR and chilling with my family. I ate way too much food tonight

I haven't eaten yet it's about 5:00 where I'm at.

I love CCR. My friend and I were tossing around the idea of doing a super fuzzed out psycadelic version of Proud Mary or another CCR song.

It's 7 by me. I love fuzz so much. I still gotta play around with the 69 pedal, not getting my favorite fuzz tones out of it right now... It would be cool for that man

Archived