Gibson Brands Forums

Question for your years of Les Paul knowledge

slimjimdom

I've been here long enough to know alot of you guys really know more than a little about Les Pauls their histoory and construction. Tim's post about what that off color bit of wood below the binding in the cut away. I noticed it on my BFG after seeing that post.

Anyhow heres what I need expertise on

My neck seems to either lean toward the bass side of body or it was set wrong or something. Where the neck joins the body a slim part of the dot marker are below the top of the body. Is this a problem?

It's buggin me

I've been here long enough to know alot of you guys really know more than a little about Les Pauls their histoory and construction. Tim's post about what that off color bit of wood below the binding in the cut away. I noticed it on my BFG after seeing that post.

Anyhow heres what I need expertise on

My neck seems to either lean toward the bass side of body or it was set wrong or something. Where the neck joins the body a slim part of the dot marker are below the top of the body. Is this a problem?

It's buggin me

I told you! and I won't tell you again! The Les Paul in your avatar is not a real Les Paul

That's one nice lester you have there man... I didnt believe in BFGs until I had the oportunity to play one, and while I still dont like the no covers, no plastic, no knobs thing, I think they sound great and have a personality of their own.

Both BFGs I tried had the same "issue" as yours... ad FennRx's BFG to that and we could say its neither a flaw nor an issue with the guitar... maybe they are all made that way... have you noticed the part to the lower side of the fretboard where it joins the body? It has a sort of canal... Our best guess a while ago was that was intended to help you get the p90 out if you wanted to.

Dont let the little details bother you, after all the BFG line was meant to have those little things, they give the BFG some flavor no other Gibbie has.

Have you posted pics of your guitar? I like that particular BFG finish a lot (yours, the "gold top" one, and the one in black).

That's one nice lester you have there man... I didnt believe in BFGs until I had the oportunity to play one' date=' and while I still dont like the no covers, no plastic, no knobs thing, I think they sound great and have a personality of their own.

Both BFGs I tried had the same "issue" as yours... ad FennRx's BFG to that and we could say its neither a flaw nor an issue with the guitar... maybe they are all made that way... have you noticed the part to the lower side of the fretboard where it joins the body? It has a sort of canal... Our best guess a while ago was that was intended to help you get the p90 out if you wanted to.

Dont let the little details bother you, after all the BFG line was meant to have those little things, they give the BFG some flavor no other Gibbie has.

Have you posted pics of your guitar? I like that particular BFG finish a lot (yours, the "gold top" one, and the one in black).[/quote']

Hey thanks TG. I really like it too and the "Gold Top" I actually bought a gold one first and took it in for a setup. When I got it back it just was lacking alot for some reason. I don't know what it was but I sent it back. Glad I did cause I ended up with the one I have now, which i love.

I have posted quite a few pics of it. It's hard to tell in the pictures but the color is actually the same trans gold they use on the solid gold top BFG with a very dark brown almost black burst added.

I did notice the channel. I really don't know what that is about either but it doesn't bother me.

Added a couple pics that show the color similarities. I dont know if its the exact same gold but its gold in there somewhere eventhough it looks like different colors in different pictures.

First BFG I bought "Trans Gold"

100_3481-1.jpg

"Bullion Burst"

100_3516.jpg

Our best guess a while ago was that was intended to help you get the p90 out if you wanted to.

My P-90 Just popped right out. I'm guessing it may be there to show how much is acceptable to sand down during final sanding after the rough mill. It may be on all LPs, but is gone after final sanding. A pickguard covers it right up.

Archived