Gibson Brands Forums

Yo! Blues likers

GIANTRobOT42O

I just bought Buddy Guy's new album ...Living Proof... I can recommend it, I think it's his best work in a long time I absolutely love it. I also discovered by playing my... Gibson Les Paul Traditional... 57's... neck position with my... YCV 80...and my new pedal...FDR1 Boss, I can get the absolute perfect blues sound, no muddy sounds here. Who says strats have the market cornered on blues. I would love to figure out how to download some of my sound to let everyone hear what I mean. "Gibson rules the air waves"...Wolf,

I'm just tuned it in and I'm liking it! So do you think Albert King was an influence to SRV!

You are kidding, right? HUGE influence (there were many though).

I just bought Buddy Guy's new album ...Living Proof... I can recommend it, I think it's his best work in a long time I absolutely love it. I also discovered by playing my... Gibson Les Paul Traditional... 57's... neck position with my... YCV 80...and my new pedal...FDR1 Boss, I can get the absolute perfect blues sound, no muddy sounds here. Who says strats have the market cornered on blues. I would love to figure out how to download some of my sound to let everyone hear what I mean. "Gibson rules the air waves"...Wolf,

For anyone who thinks Strats have the Blues locked up, check out Michael Burks (okay, Gary Moore and many others too...). BTW, Albert King was also (obviously) a huge influence here too. [wink]

Good clip below, except for the hollering idiot...

You are kidding, right? HUGE influence (there were many though).

Yes....... I was driving the point home with a little humor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For myself the older Blues Artists are a major influence as well.

Archived