Gibson Brands Forums

Shipping amps?

GIANTRobOT42O

Hey guys. I might be trading my amp with a guy in another state. I was wondering the best way to go about shipping it? Whats the best company to go through and whats a good way to pack it? Thanks

do not use UPS!!!!and do not have a UPS store pack it for you,they are so bad!!!I saran wrap the amp then put a bunch of packing material on the bottom of the box like foam peanuts and newspaper then put the amp in the box then fill in the side and top and duct tape it good,insurance always,good luck.

I totally disagree with you, ship it either UPS or Fed Ex and have them pack it and insure the item. That way there is no way a claim can be denied should damage occur. Take pictures of the amp prior to shipping. It will be about 30 bucks more to ship if they pack it but in the long run well worth it.

+1

Yeah, I don't know the states and the distances involved but I'd agree "road trip." If the time and money involved are seen as too great/intrusive... maybe the deal isn't right in the first place. Been there, too.

m

Archived