Gibson Brands Forums

has everyone heard?

tartanbeastie

BIRD IS THE WORD FOR THE UK CHRISTMAS NUMBER ONE..... anything that beats Simon Cowells manufactured dirge.

In all seriousness I know this song is more novelty value but after doing some youtubing and google, I have to say that i'm now a Trashmen fan. I love the surf sound but wasnt familiar with too many bands, so this has helped to open my eyes a bit..lol

I agree it wasnt a great epidode of family guy but i like the idea of not having the usual formulaic tv reality based number 1 at christmas, like i said this song is pure novelty and two some degree an act of sticking the finger up to Cowell and the likes. Actually isnt that also called flipping the bird?

Heard the Trashmen in the 60s when, as I recall, they already were kinda on the "fringe" of road tours.

They didn't, as I recall, sound like "the bird is the word" until finally they felt they hadda do it. I seem to remember it's the only piece in their book that the drummer sang - although heaven knows who might have been part of the group on record as opposed to what I saw...

m

Archived