Gibson Brands Forums

Long Shot

Californiaman

Tonight between 8:00-12:00 Vandenberg Air Force Base will launch a ground-based Interceptor (GBI) which will carry an Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle (EKV). Plans call for the EKV to intercept a mock warhead launched from Kwajalein in the central Pacific.

That's a long shot to say the least.

Check it out.

Snapshot2010-12-1417-28-26.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the most stupid thing you have ever typed, ever.

I cant express how stupid that is.

You are really a complete moron.

I agree 100%. You do realize that if the fragile cease fire on the Korean peninsula ends Seoul is a pile of rubble. NK has a *massive* army amassed on the border; ready. Sure, Pyongyang will be rubble too, but they do not seem to care.

So the rest of you losers support communism? You want one the worst nations in the world to just stay how they are? The United States has an obligation to do whats necessary to keep the peace. We are also responsible for aiding South Korea in any way possible. In fact, just a few large scale nuclear warheads would be enough to reduce Kim Jong-il and his entire communist regime to rubble. No more North Korea means no more problems for South Korea and no more of the fighting along the border thats been going on since the 1950's.

Your lack of patriotism disgusts me. msp_thumbdn.gif

Calling people names is childish, and does nothing to strengthen your argument.

If you feel we all have it wrong, put your body where your mouth is, and let us know which branch of the service you're joining in order to fulfil that obligation to wipe out communism.

The U.S. has an obligation to not START fights. We should, when required, finish them. With great power comes great responsibility, and we do not wish to be seen as the global bully.

Successfully launching an anti missile missile over the Pacific sends a clear message to any South East Asian country thinking about a nuclear first strike.

Beside, the "We have a manifest destiny to spread freedom thoughout the world" sounds incredibly Hitler-esque.

There is no manifest destiny to depose existing foreign governments and supplant them with our own.

Calling people names is childish, and does nothing to strengthen your argument.

If you feel we all have it wrong, put your body where your mouth is, and let us know which branch of the service you're joining in order to fulfil that obligation to wipe out communism.

The U.S. has an obligation to not START fights. We should, when required, finish them. With great power comes great responsibility, and we do not wish to be seen as the global bully.

Successfully launching an anti missile missile over the Pacific sends a clear message to any South East Asian country thinking about a nuclear first strike.

Beside, the "We have a manifest destiny to spread freedom thoughout the world" sounds incredibly Hitler-esque.

There is no manifest destiny to depose existing foreign governments and supplant them with our own.

Well obviously you and I don't see eye to eye. The way I see it is, America as a country, stands for freedom. In the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson stated that when a government oppresses its people, those people have the right and responsibility to rebel against it. Then they are charged with the duty of setting up a government by the people and for the people. Let me ask you this. Does North Korea have a government by the people and for the people? No. They don't. They have a communist dictator that cares nothing for his people. I believe that the U.S. has the obligation to step in and help those people. We have an obligation to stand up and fight for those precious things such as freedom so that we can share it with others who are currently oppressed and treaty poorly by their government. Also, North Korea has chosen to involve South Korea, our ally. Shouldn't we step in and help them whenever necessary? Or should we just sit back and watch the communists reduce them to rubble?

I think that if we would have just started out by nuking the North Koreans in the first place, we could have saved a lot of men who died fighting in the Korean War.

Well...

Here's where the train of intelligent discourse jumped the tracks; [crying]

That is the most stupid thing you have ever typed, ever.

I cant express how stupid that is.

You are really a complete moron.

I agree 100%.

You agree with the name calling?

Especially from somebody who's not old enough to vote and knows (CENSORED) about world politics?

So the rest of you losers support communism?

You want one the worst nations in the world to just stay how they are?

Dumb questions.

I agree in principle, but it ain't that simple my young friend.

The United States has an obligation to do whats necessary to keep the peace.

Nope.

THAT WOULD BE THE UNITED NATIONS.

We have an obligation to defend our interests.

Our 30,000 troops should have been gone from Korea over 50 years ago.

Your lack of patriotism disgusts me.

Again, I agree I principle. But I think you misdiagnosed the above posts.

. In the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson stated that when a government oppresses its people, those people have the right and responsibility to rebel against it. Then they are charged with the duty of setting up a government by the people and for the people. Let me ask you this. Does North Korea have a government by the people and for the people? No. They don't. They have a communist dictator that cares nothing for his people.Also, North Korea has chosen to involve South Korea, our ally. Shouldn't we step in and help them whenever necessary? Or should we just sit back and watch the communists reduce them to rubble?

I think that if we would have just started out by nuking the North Koreans in the first place, we could have saved a lot of men who died fighting in the Korean War.

Jefferson is correct, and unless the US is a substate of North Korea, then it's not our government nor we its people. Therefore, it is not our responsibility. We also may not involve ourselves in South Korean affairs until our help has been solicited. At that time, you are correct, we have a resposibility to provide whatever aid they have requested.

I don't think any rational adult thinks we should use our nuclear capabilities at the drop of a hat. We do still have to live on this planet.

So I missed it.... What branch are you joining?

Yeah, didn't think so.

:rolleyes:

I don't think any rational adult thinks we should use our nuclear capabilities at the drop of a hat.

I don't think you'll find ANYBODY on this forum who's more of a kick butt/take names kinda guy than I am.

But using nukes?

You need a pretty damned good reason why.

Even if NK managed to set off one of their little popcorn fart nukes IN THE USA there would be no need for nuke retaliation.

We have plenty of conventional capability to kill everybody we want in the country and leave it pretty much intact.

Our nukes are for retaliation to a nuke attack on the US mainland.

Anything less does not warrant it.

I don't think you'll find ANYBODY on this forum who's more of a kick butt/take names kinda guy than I am.

But using nukes?

You need a pretty damned good reason why.

Even if NK managed to set off one of their little popcorn fart nukes IN THE USA there would be no need for nuke retaliation.

We have plenty of conventional capability to kill everybody we want in the country and leave it pretty much intact.

Our nukes are for retaliation to a nuke attack on the US mainland.

Anything less does not warrant it.

What about Nagasaki and Hiroshima? We used those nukes to end a war. And it worked. Another valid reason for the use of nuclear weapons.

(Heavy sigh......) [crying]

Okay, Mac.

You and Tman talk it over.

I see logic will not work in this thread....

:unsure:

When was the last time logic worked for anything? People are gonna believe what they want to believe regardless of whether its right or wrong.

I have no problem with it. In a lot of ways it makes more sense than capitalism.

Well then you obviously haven't payed any attention to the history books. Which, if you open your eyes when your reading them, show how communism doesn't work. Look at what happened to the soviets. Their country collapsed out from under them. Look at current communist countries. Their people starve and have little or no money because communism works on paper and then fails in reality.

Well then you obviously haven't payed any attention to the history books. Which, if you open your eyes when your reading them, show how communism doesn't work. Look at what happened to the soviets. Their country collapsed out from under them. Look at current communist countries. Their people starve and have little or no money because communism works on paper and then fails in reality.

So you're saying that there are no poor people in the USA and that your country is immune from collapse? Riiight.

China is doing pretty good at the moment.

I never said that communism was the answer. I just don't believe capitalism is the correct answer either.

Well it looks like due to fog issues here on the Central Coast and air traffic control problems around Hawaii due to a thunderstorm there, the launch didn't take place.

Intercepting another missile from 4,200 miles away is certainly a long shot.

Can't wait to see what happens. The launch was rescheduled for today between 8-noon.

Hopefully this topic will still be around and not locked down. :rolleyes:

Archived