Gibson Brands Forums

Change of plans... I'll have a new tele in 2 weeks instead of the SG

Thundergod

Update: they store owner called me today and said he can have an american Fender Ash Tele in honey blonde by tomorrow if Im willing to give her a try... and he says he will give it to me at less than 1100 (he actually said if i liked her, he is willing to hear any offer) as he has had it stored there close to a year and now it is discontinued... I have tried to find that guitar on the net but in all sites it says "discontinued" (of course) and cant find what the correct price is...

Can any of you guys give me some insight about that guitar? I hadn't seen or heard about it before...

This link has some info and a pic:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN118502

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can tell you is that I love that look which played no small part in my choice to buy a 52 RI. If it's anything like mine - which also has an ash body - it'll be one sweet guitar. What I really like about mine is that it's a very lively guitar and even the neck vibrates like crazy so you get a lot of tactile feedback from it; that's what I'd be checking for in another Tele.

Hey Thunder, I've been gigging a 91 American Tele for the last few years with a Band doing everything from Classic Rock, to Classic Country, New Country, and Motown. You just stay on the neck pickup a lot with a tubescreamer and a good tube amp, and it doesn't "bite" so much. I like the "toughness" of a Tele. Drop it, bang it, whatever. They are cheap and replaceable.

But I'm going to buy an ES-335 in the next few weeks......

I need more tone.

Best of luck.

Murph.

Thanks man!

This forum is great guys... everyone is very supportive and can discuss guitars and stuff in a very mature way... even if they dont agree with you. Sorry to add this to the post but Im impressed this thread has gone on so long and with so many helpful answers.

You know you will end up with a tele one day... its just a matter of time Tim!#-o

TG= traitor

:D

i had a tele and a strat....sold them to get a LP.

bought a 2007 HWY 1 Strat in December 2007. Never played it, sold it in August 2008 to get a LP.

I dropped by the store today to check out the other guitar my friend told me he had stored in the warehouse... He said he could give it to me at a nice price if I liked it... (I was a little skeptical).

Played nice, looked good, great tone... I had to take her home.

Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster, made in late 2006 (fenders diamond anniversary... 60 years of fender, notice the little diamond shaped decal in the back of the headstock).

Came with a hard case and some case candy: a nice (usable) cable, a fender strap, some set up tools and a cleanning cloth (plus manuals and all documentation).

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01485.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

Nice Tele, Thunder. Aren't you glad you didn't listen to Tim. ](*,) All this Tele talk lately has got me playing mine more. Odd but in some ways it's more akin to the LP than the Strat is as far as tone. It's sounding great through my new 18 watt head. Your gonna love it through your AC30. Looking forward to a full tone report.

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed this is my 500th post. I'm somebody now!

Congratulations on yoru 500th post pup!

And thanks, I didnt get to play her very much yesterday (just acouple of hours!) ... but I think it is one of the most versatile guitars Ive owned... I think you can do more with a tele and a lester than you can do with thousands of "full of features" guitars...

I'll play her through the weekend and will come back with a tone report!

Archived