Gibson Brands Forums

First gig

Silenced Fred

my 15-yr old just had his debut last Sunday....first gig...at our local mall. (LP Studio Deluxe)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AgF6wasm5YM

not bad for a kid who was not expected to ever be potty trained and likely live in a group home.

Slashtone!!!

Dude they did great!! Malls are hard as hell to get a good mix in!

eusa_clap.gif

Thanks everybody for the kind words

Rocket- its probably not going to go over too well, NO ONE and I mean NOOOOO ONEEEEE listens to rock or anything by me, its all hip hop/rap/pop stuff. But some of my original stuff might hook some people in. I'm playing Black Keys and Foo Fighters just because they rock, and some songs just bring me to a different world.

Here's my favorite song to play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luwp5iZD8wQ

Great tune!

Now I know what Ronnie Dunn is doing since he left Brooks and Dunn....

:D

Slashtone!!!

Dude they did great!! Malls are hard as hell to get a good mix in!

eusa_clap.gif

A REAL gig too !!!!! Not like a gig at Best Buy, where the theme is ' Give it a try. ' [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] and the playa is,

' The Lowdown Chans' .[flapper] [flapper] [flapper] ../chuckle....../chuckle.......

Ah man, you can do the Black Keys.....How well ??? I don't know you.....It's all about, well you know, Fred61tone, Showertone; Once you gig as much as the REAL players on here,

you'll get it.................Give 'em yourself...Build each gig upon each gig..........and give 'em Showertone..Is it really that easy ?? Yup...

I can actually get it pretty well, my voice doesn't sound a whole lot like Dan's but that don't matter. I love that stuff, and have spent a ton of time learning their songs, and listen to em all the time. I'll post a clip sometime

See Fred?

I told you... you got fans!

well... at least a whole lotta well wishers :D!

The other day I was loading my stuff up into my car, and my dad said "you need to find yourself some groupies to carry that for you"

I don't think he knows what groupies are... I don't want a groupie that can pick up my amp and put it in the trunk of my car, that sucker is heavy as ****! [biggrin]

The other day I was loading my stuff up into my car, and my dad said "you need to find yourself some groupies to carry that for you"

I don't think he knows what groupies are... I don't want a groupie that can pick up my amp and put it in the trunk of my car, that sucker is heavy as ****! [biggrin]

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

Well... you DO need to find you some groupies....

But roadies are much easier to find.

(oh and never mind the negative comments the children make. Some folks have a hard time grasping reality... LOL. Put 'em on ignore, and you'll only have to hear their jealous tantrums in quotes :) )

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

Well... you DO need to find you some groupies....

But roadies are much easier to find.

(oh and never mind the negative comments the children make. Some folks have a hard time grasping reality... LOL. Put 'em on ignore, and you'll only have to hear their jealous tantrums in quotes :) )

Ha, I don't care if people wanna say stuff about me or my music. People either like me or hate me, not much middle ground. Same with my music. I'm not mainstream in any sense of the word.

There is this awesome ad for this weird looking guy who wants to be a roadie for local bands. He seems like a total creep since he put in his ad looking to help out teenage bands and he's like 40... He might mean well, but just sayin' it seems super creepy

Groupies can come later, gotta play some shows and get stuff done first. Time for that later

That's great! I'm sure you'll do fine and have a lot of fun. Your music selection is better than my first gig. I was 13 years old and played Greek music at a church function. I tell you what though, NOBODY rocks like church people...

Greek music? Did you rock the bouzouki? Maybe after a few shots of ouzo?

Congrats on the gig, Nathan.

Now get a gig at a venue that I can come out to.

I'm with my drummer a good couple of solid days of rehearsal to get songs complete and polished, then we record over break and send out demos to places, see if they are interested. Should be playing a couple of bars pretty soon, within a few months, then Wembley Stadium within a year [flapper]

A REAL gig too !!!!! Not like a gig at Best Buy, where the theme is ' Give it a try. ' [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] and the playa is,

' The Lowdown Chans' .[flapper] [flapper] [flapper] ../chuckle....../chuckle.......

It is good to know you consider trying out a pedal at a music store to be a "gig".

Sure puts your "knowledge and experience" into perspective.

[lol][lol][lol]

Archived