Gibson Brands Forums

No Longer Sitting at the end of my driveway waiting on FedEx!

Andy R

It will be so cold when they make the deliver that you will want to be patient about opening it up. You should let the temp rise slowly while it is in the case to keep from crackling the finish by a quick change in temp.

Good luck with the delivery today.

The good ol' tried and true road trip method, I like where your head's at.

Yep used this method a many O'time. Also traveled in an old school bus so the open the doors and have somebody hang on to the back of your shirt method was used a few times.mellow.gif

what an anti-climax [biggrin]

For real I haven't completely given up as the status is still saying on the truck and out for delivery.eusa_pray.gif

[crying]

I hate sad endings....

And to think, you could have been playing that all night and driving the neighbors nuts...

eusa_boohoo.gif Me too! One reason I chose this house is that I can play 100 Watt Marshall on 10 at 4:00 AM and won't bother anybodymsp_cool.gif

ill light a candle for ya [thumbup]

msp_crying.gif Thanks man!

It will be so cold when they make the deliver that you will want to be patient about opening it up. You should let the temp rise slowly while it is in the case to keep from crackling the finish by a quick change in temp.

Good luck with the delivery today.

msp_thumbup.gif Yep did a whole spiel about this on another thread last night. Patience......

Well I think FedEx tracking is screwed as it still says on the truck and out for delivery but if he knocks on my door after 8:00pm I'm going to grab my guitar and then kick his A$$ just for the principle of the matter.msp_cursing.gif

Guess I'm looking at Monday maybe Tuesday now... Who knows. msp_crying.gif

Well I think FedEx tracking is screwed as it still says on the truck and out for delivery but if he knocks on my door after 8:00pm I'm going to grab my guitar and then kick his A$$ just for the principle of the matter.msp_cursing.gif

Guess I'm looking at Monday maybe Tuesday now... Who knows. msp_crying.gif

Wow man thats real shitty...I'd be pretty steamed too if I were in your position...I just hope to that the guitar isnt damaged from all the handling...you'll know who to blame if your guitar has a broken neck or headstock...I'd call Fedex or something that's pretty unacceptable..

Well just checked again and got the "Delivery Attempted but couldn't due to local weather conditions" at 8:02 PM funny I saw a truck deliver 2 houses down earlier... So screw it going to have them hold it at a FedEx pick up site near where I work since they apparently can't deliver the damn thing!!!msp_cursing.gifmsp_cursing.gifmsp_cursing.gifmsp_cursing.gif

Well just checked again and got the "Delivery Attempted but couldn't due to local weather conditions" at 8:02 PM funny I saw a truck deliver 2 houses down earlier... So screw it going to have them hold it at a FedEx pick up site near where I work since they apparently can't deliver the damn thing!!!msp_cursing.gifmsp_cursing.gifmsp_cursing.gifmsp_cursing.gif

Don't worry about it man.

Imagine the excitement the day you go to pick it up. They can't stop it then.

All this disappointment is just building anticipation.

You ain't the only one getting messed up by Fedex. My buddy's new Reeves bass amp was supposed to get there yesterday and the same thing happened. First its on the truck scheduled for delivery on Saturday and next thing you know its back at the facility scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. I was getting ready for a emergency jam session, but now he's almost on suicide alert till Tuesday.

I hope you've warmed up by this morning. Hang in there, man. I know it can be tough, but I'm confident you'll make it. [biggrin]

Archived