Gibson Brands Forums

Calling Fellow geeks

Duende

Sadly the last episode of the new V finished yesterday msp_mellow.gif Before I continue has the next series started yet in the States? I love it!! I have all the old ones on DVD and watched it as a boy. I always thought Michael Ironside's Ham Tyler was just the best!! I love the new Hard *** Kyle Hobbs too.

Any other V fans; or sci fi fans in general? I love Star Trek next Generation and Dr Who as well. The new Doctor Matt Smith is one of my favourite ever Doctors! I can't wait for the XMas day doctor who!msp_thumbup.gif

Matt

They kinda lost us when David Tennant left Dr. Who. We thought the new Dr. was a bit over the top.

We didn't watch V, but that's kind of our style. With very rare exceptions, we'll wait until they hit syndication before catching most weekly shows. It's a habit we got into when we were busy with the kids... and they were happily making 2 and 3 part shows, of which we would invariably miss one, or forget to record.

We DID watch the original V... and ST:TNG regularly, but after that life kind of took over for us :)

Having said that, we are likely to catch the Xmas Dr. Who.

They kinda lost us when David Tennant left Dr. Who. We thought the new Dr. was a bit over the top.

We didn't watch V, but that's kind of our style. With very rare exceptions, we'll wait until they hit syndication before catching most weekly shows. It's a habit we got into when we were busy with the kids... and they were happily making 2 and 3 part shows, of which we would invariably miss one, or forget to record.

We DID watch the original V... and ST:TNG regularly, but after that life kind of took over for us :)

Having said that, we are likely to catch the Xmas Dr. Who.

I also prefer David Tennant, in fact at first I resented the new Doctor and quit watching the show. But I learned to love him.[biggrin]

I also prefer David Tennant, in fact at first I resented the new Doctor and quit watching the show. But I learned to love him.[biggrin]

My wife had pretend angry outburst one night saying David Tennant was "wrecking lives" by leaving such a gap while he went off to do theatre for a while LOL...

I have learned to love Matt Smith and he ranks alongside Christopher Ecclestone and Tom Baker as the best Doctors! for me.

I miss Billie Piper as Rose though but I am getting used to Amy too.

Matt

Sadly the last episode of the new V finished yesterday msp_mellow.gif Before I continue has the next series started yet in the States? I love it!! I have all the old ones on DVD and watched it as a boy. I always thought Michael Ironside's Ham Tyler was just the best!! I love the new Hard *** Kyle Hobbs too.

Any other V fans; or sci fi fans in general? I love Star Trek next Generation and Dr Who as well. The new Doctor Matt Smith is one of my favourite ever Doctors! I can't wait for the XMas day doctor who!msp_thumbup.gif

Matt

i too used to watch the original when i was a kid, i set the sky+ to record the new series but the box packed up so had to have a replacement...lost the first episode and couldn't find when it was or if screened again...gutted

and can someone please explain the matrix to me in less than 20 words [blink]

Matt! I love all the shows you mention in your post. I'm a sci fi geek big time. Mostly books but i do like a good sci fi show or movie.

The new season of V is starting here in Feb I think...so that should be cool...aliens!!! :)

And I wasn't sure I was going to like Matt Smith as the Doctor but he's done an incredible job of winning me over. I didn't think anyone could beat Tennant....still not sure he's "beaten" him but i do really enjoy his portrayal. I love the stories in that show...so creepy!

Blink was one of my fav episodes of that show..

I enjoy Supernatural as a TV show. The acting isn't bad and the music is usually great!

Plus great special effects, a dark sense of humour, and lots of research into lore about monsters/ghosts/demons and such and it's a great show.

Highly recommend!

i too used to watch the original when i was a kid, i set the sky+ to record the new series but the box packed up so had to have a replacement...lost the first episode and couldn't find when it was or if screened again...gutted

and can someone please explain the matrix to me in less than 20 words [blink]

Man makes machines, machines make men into batteries. Man leads other men to overthrow machines, ends in peace treaty.

I've watched a little of Dr. Who. Didn't the writers all get canned from V after the 3rd episode because it was thought they were subversively telling their audience that the aliens were the equivalent of Obama et cetera?

I liked Stargate and Firefly. I was watching Fringe for a while but I just haven't had time. Speaking of which, reminds me I need to watch the He-Man episodes I bought the other day!

Blink was one of my fav episodes of that show..

I have just come back from a night out and have said how Blink scared me!!!! My mate can't understand how watching all seven Saw films is okay but this is frightening!

Matt

I have just come back from a night out and have said how Blink scared me!!!! My mate can't understand how watching all seven Saw films is okay but this is frightening!

Matt

I dont go anywhere near horror movies. Call me a wussy but I prefer to sleep at night.

Archived