Gibson Brands Forums

another blatant copy

tartanbeastie

found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.ca/ELECTRIC-ACOUSTIC-41-GUITAR-FREE-SHIPPING-AND-HARD-CASE-/270679148512?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f05bc07e0

i know it doesnt say its a gibson hummingbird but it is a trying to be. the sticker in the sound hole, 5th picture down, does it look a little like a gibson sticker? I tried to zoom in on the writing but its too pixelated

I thought I would run it past you guys first and see what others reactions are and if theres anything worth doing. I think its one thing to make a guitar that resembles another but the sticker and the pickguard are too much. To me, It suggest something its not.

Just sent a link of the ebay listing to customer services at Gibson. I'm all for people having choice but i dont want to see people ripped off or misled

And for the price being asked, why not buy an epiphone hummingbird?

Yup, there's a Gibson logo on that sticker. Hopefully this one gets knocked off before someone gets screwed.

And this thing at the bottom SCREAMS Chinese:

Please look at the pictures of our instruments very carefully and you can get the perfect items . We send the guitar is what my picture shown.

All my guitars are directly from factory' date=' low price with high quality! And we will check every guitar before we send it out very very careful. Don't lose the chance to get it

We always stand behind our products and will try our best to satisfy every buyer. so we can better serve your request. We usually respond to every email within 24 hours.[/quote']

Yup, there's a Gibson logo on that sticker. Hopefully this one gets knocked off before someone gets screwed.

And this thing at the bottom SCREAMS Chinese:

Hmmm I would say this part really scream chinese

Other item info

Item number:270679148512Item location:weifang shandong, ChinaShips to:WorldwidePayments:

PayPal [/url]

Yeah, i had no intention of buying. saw it was chinese copy and spotted the sticker which made me start this post. I was actually looking at a tele copy that they had listed and started browsing the rest of their stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ELECTRIC-TELECASTER-GUITAR-MAPLE-NECK-MAHOGANY-BODY-F-S-/270673726098?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f05694a92

The spalted maple would match my washburn southwest series..lol..

I believe that photo is of a genuine Gibson. The Gibson logo looks as if it's been airbrushed (photo-shopped) off the headstock (look at the dust pattern).

Appears they forgot to airbrush out the label at the sound-hole.

That's not what you'll receive in the mail though. It's called switch and bait.

Just my thoughts.

I believe that photo is of a genuine Gibson. The Gibson logo looks as if it's been airbrushed (photo-shopped) off the headstock (look at the dust pattern).

Appears they forgot to airbrush out the label at the sound-hole.

That's not what you'll receive in the mail though. It's called switch and bait.

Just my thoughts.

Good catch! I see that now :)

I'm usually suspicious when someone puts "You'll actually get the guitar you see". That should be assumed, posting otherwise indicates something to me :)

Ok... now I'm just stunned completely, I got a reply from them regarding the label. This is what the reply said.

Dear tartanbeastie74,

hehe, it is the same as the real guitar's label.

thanks,

Li

- grote-guitar

Not even hiding the fact its a copy. Is that not admition if ever you saw it!!! [cursing]

oh and thats the tele reported to fender too

Ok... now I'm just stunned completely, I got a reply from them regarding the label. This is what the reply said.

Dear tartanbeastie74,

hehe, it is the same as the real guitar's label.

thanks,

Li

- grote-guitar

Not even hiding the fact its a copy. Is that not admition if ever you saw it!!! [cursing]

oh and thats the tele reported to fender too

It is admission that its the same label not directly that its a copy

It is admission that its the same label not directly that its a copy

why put the same label into a guitar that looks almost identical if you dont want people to assume or believe its the real thing? I understand what your saying but i'm sure most folk would agree that they are using all these techniques to sell something that looks like something else

why put the same label into a guitar that looks almost identical if you dont want people to assume or believe its the real thing? I understand what your saying but i'm sure most folk would agree that they are using all these techniques to sell something that looks like something else

Of course they are, but it doesn't matter what they say, its illegal. The headstock shape is nearly the same.

Archived