Gibson Brands Forums

How many degrees from legend are YOU?

Sinner 13

it makes you a forum legend in my eyes [thumbup]

I'd say that qualifies you as a legend far beyond "I sat beside Conway Twitty's son in HS"!!

:D

That's impressive. I'm honored to even reply to an 'almost famous' guy's post. [biggrin]

Was a LONG time ago...and I wish I'd have paid attention more at the time.

I'd give my eye teeth to have seen John Entwistle and Jeff Beck...but I just wasn't paying attention.

Some of the groups I played with I don't recall ever seeing....not in the least.... I only know I that I was there because of the posters, articles, etc.

My brother (who began as a roadie for my band) is a crew boss. He's worked with the biggest acts in the world. McCartney, the Stones, Madonna, Michael Jackson, the Eagles.

So does that make him a legend? At the end of a tour, the 'act' gives the crew a present. He's got some great stuff that he's been given. Ie. At the end of the 'Steel Wheels' tour for the Stones. The crew got a mirror of the world with the tour marked out on it. Signed by the Stones to him. How much would that be worth? Only 120 made.

Buddy Guy once left his Strat on my lap while he walked through the audience singing. Smart soundguy. Turned off the volume.

Oh yeah, when I was a little kid I was an extra in a movie called Cool Million set in Quebec city.

So, pretty much nothing here.

You people have some cool stories though.

Dave

1 degree from thrash legends Lawnmower Deth...drummer is my dad [thumbup]

2 degrees from criss olivia of savatage

2 degrees from acid reign

3 degrees from matt tuck of bullet for my valentine

i got to meet billy idol once if that counts :rolleyes:

and im from the same town as Bruce Dickinson [thumbup]

now SHE is fit!, i'm gonna get a matt tuck sig jackson soon...if i go round her house will she set it up for me? [biggrin]

u got that alll wrong, his guitar tech is a bald guy in his 40s who likes to go o stage dressed as a clown.... the pic is of me and Lzzy Hale :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived