Gibson Brands Forums

Rating system

Silenced Fred

Little things get under my skin, its who I am. It doesn't really affect me though, just bugs me.

Oh well, I will be more liberal with my plus and minus buttons then [biggrin]

" Death is lying, just beneath my skin; To live life trying, is where I must begin.." Damian, 1975 age 12.....I now embrace my illness...enjoy life, and live it Nathan..I do.

It doesn't mean anything...........one member is at NEGATIVE 14.........................................

Hehe...Yeah, but that guy kinda deserved his low rating. I've even took pity on him a few times and plussed up some of his minused posts because he seemed to start getting minused a little unfairly. Of course, I've minused him a few times too, so I guess it evens out. I think he got suspended a few times and decided not to come back.

The numbering system is derived by the + or - at the bottom right of a member's posts. You can plus the post or minus the post. But you can only plus or minus by one. These pluses and minuses are toted up to give the member a score. Yes, one is over 400, but according to the help page, you are not able to plus yourself up. Only others can plus, or minus you up or down. So.... the numbers indicate how many posts of yours, other people like, minus the negative points. There are also a rating in the members' profiles. You can give the member a star rating. not sure how this works You can rate the member with 1 to 5 stars. I suspect it is an average of all ratings.

Haha, I got a good one.

Some loser gave me a minus in the Anti-Bashers thread for listing the things I like.

That loser that took the time to minus a positive comment in a positive thread.

Maybe they hated something you liked....lol!! That is pretty lame... :)

Stiffhand, it was me [lol]

Just kidding, but seriously, why would someone do that? Just stupid

Maybe he was minused not because he posted his likes, but because he posted a "bash" in that thread (don't think he mentioned that earlier). Heck I would have minused him two for that! Lmbo.... Ah, but the rating system..... As the Gibson Forum Turns, [lol]

Archived