Gibson Brands Forums

My SG Standard Limited Edition

Alfa Sprint

Thank you guys, this is a 2000 Limited edition made for US market, I bought this SG on ebay from Virginia, the guitar arrived in France perfectly but I had to pay custom taxe.

Yes, the last time I ordered a Gibson in the uS, the french customs added an unbearable amount of taxes so I do not do this anymore. The guitar would've been cheaper if ordered in Germany or any other EEC country.

Nice SG by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful SG, though if I replaced my SG with gold hardware and swaped pick guards mine would look just like it.

- How come everones pictures look better than mine. I used a 1000 dollar camera that is only a year old to get these results. it could just be crappy lighting.

124vhqd.jpg

Beautiful SG, though if I replaced my SG with gold hardware and swaped pick guards mine would look just like it.

- How come everones pictures look better than mine. I used a 1000 dollar camera that is only a year old to get these results. it could just be crappy lighting.

124vhqd.jpg

Yeah its most likely lighting, btw buying a $$$ camrea doesn't mean you will take great shots. It's all really in the photographer.

Is it a DSLR camrea?

Natural lights like the sun help take great shots, try taking your guitar out on a sunny day and take shots of it.

Yeah its most likely lighting, btw buying a $$$ camrea doesn't mean you will take great shots. It's all really in the photographer.

Is it a DSLR camrea?

Natural lights like the sun help take great shots, try taking your guitar out on a sunny day and take shots of it.

Its a nicon D80 with a nice lense, and it is my moms. I am no photographer. i'd take it outside if it didn't just snow yesterday. D*mn NJ. lol

I want to install gold Knob Pointers, do you think it' s possible?

post-28133-091835100 1298208091_thumb.jpg

all you need to do is pull the knob off, remove the nut, put the pointer on then reinstall the nut and knob. i put pointers on all my gibsons and epiphones--my recently acquired '82 gets relic'd pointers. gold pointers would look great on your already good looking axe.

5261994911_f4b6e733dd_z.jpg

124vhqd.jpg

Because cameras don't take photos, photographers do. No matter how hard you try, you can't shine up a turd. [laugh] Sign up for a photography class. [thumbup]

Its a nicon D80 with a nice lense, and it is my moms. I am no photographer. i'd take it outside if it didn't just snow yesterday. D*mn NJ. lol

Ah. my advice is mess around with the settings. I could get technical but just learn by trial and error is the best way.

Know all the settings, and see which each one does.

Archived