Gibson Brands Forums

Uh oh, keep good thoughts for RS

Gilliangirl

Publicist: Bluegrass music pioneer Ralph Stanley recovering after getting pacemaker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at 12:25 on January 15, 2011, EST.

By The Associated Press

COEBURN, Va. - Ralph Stanley's publicist says the 83-year-old bluegrass music pioneer is recovering at his southwestern Virginia home after a procedure to insert a pacemaker.

Norma Morris says Stanley had the procedure Monday after experiencing a lengthy bout of sluggishness and lack of energy. She told the Roanoke Times that Stanley was feeling better when she spoke to him by phone Thursday night, and he is expected to be fine.

The Grammy Award-winning musician only had to cancel one show. His next scheduled performance is at the Grand Ole Opry on Jan. 21 and 22.

___

Publicist: Bluegrass music pioneer Ralph Stanley recovering after getting pacemaker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at 12:25 on January 15, 2011, EST.

By The Associated Press

COEBURN, Va. - Ralph Stanley's publicist says the 83-year-old bluegrass music pioneer is recovering at his southwestern Virginia home after a procedure to insert a pacemaker.

Norma Morris says Stanley had the procedure Monday after experiencing a lengthy bout of sluggishness and lack of energy. She told the Roanoke Times that Stanley was feeling better when she spoke to him by phone Thursday night, and he is expected to be fine.

The Grammy Award-winning musician only had to cancel one show. His next scheduled performance is at the Grand Ole Opry on Jan. 21 and 22.

___

oh dear! good thoughts sent!

Matt

Actually, good news in a way. I doubt that they would bother with this procedure unless they felt that he would be likely to recover and feel better as a result. I certainly hope that's the case. I'm not sure that Ralph and I would see eye to eye on every possible issue but he's a legend and has contributed immeasurably to American music. I wish him all the best.

Ralph's voice can pierce right to the soul. His duet with Patty Loveless on "Pretty Polly" is, in my opinion, one of the great musical performances http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XV7mxfIIr0. It gives me chills every time.

May he live as long as Wade Mainer, another early bluegrass banjo great, who will turn 104 in April.

Thanks for posting the info about him.

Archived