Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD

Supersonic

I know everyone has seen a ton of these things, but I just got my new P93 Riviera today so I thought I'd share.

I'm pretty sure this was set up out of the box better than any other Epi I've had. All I had to do was tune it. I didn't adjust anything at all except for changing the toggle switch tip to a white one just because I like the look better. The action is perfect.

The only cosmetic flaw I can find is at the end of the fretboard next to the neck pickup. There is some red paint on the binding which you can see in one of the pics below.

It feels great, plays great, and sounds great. I still have to get used to the 3 volume control setup, but so far I really like it. Very cool that it came with a hardshell case too. I'm not much of a photographer, but here's a few pics.

P93Full-1.jpg?t=1295648440

Here you can see the paint on the binding at the bottom of the fretboard. Anyone know a safe and easy way to get that off of there?

P93Bigs.jpg?t=1295648440

The fretboard looks a little dry. I'm going to condition the fretboard when I change strings and I'll post before and after pics then.

P93dryneck.jpg?t=1295648440

P93onstand.jpg?t=1295648440

P93onbed.jpg?t=1295650397

Yes they are nice and a lot of guitar for the money. They're even cheaper now than when I bought mine.

You may find your fingers turning black at first due to fretboard dye rubbing off.

Clean it with Naptha before you use the conditioner, it should get the residual dye out.

hngd8.jpg

Hmmm, so they use dye on the fretboard Ehh! I had my riviera set up out of the box with new 10's. After playing for a while I noticed my fingers were dirty, couldn't figure it out I thout it was from the el cheapo strings. Anyway enjoy your new riv I enjoy playing mine.

Archived