Gibson Brands Forums

After 11 months it is finally here!!

Raptor

Well after I told my local shop about them, and put my deposit down last Sept 07, I finally got my 50th Anniversary 1958 Reissue LP Flame top. I hope to have some pics up in a few days or so.

It has been a rough, depressing spring and summer. Loads of projects around the house, tons of projects at work, car repairs and loads of other stuff, so I have not had the energy or time to spend on forums. My two Irish Wolfhounds, one almost 10 and the other just over 8 along with my mother's cat all died within 4 months. So I have been slowly pulling myself out of a heck of a rut. I also have a new Wolfhound pup, he is 13 weeks old, 22 inches tall and 42 lbs already. I have been playing a fair bit, especially on the weekends, and have dropped by from time to time to see what is up. Now I hope to recover and settle back into a more regular schedule once more. I also am submitting a request for quotes on a couple more custom order LPs.

The Anniversary R8 is very nice. It has good flame and a decent burst on it. The Murphy aging is well done, but I wish he had stuck to the checking and aging and left out the gouges and dents, but it is a very effective job. I haven't played it a lot lately, just got it last Friday and finally sat down tonight to play for a couple of hours. It seems to have a lot of output, but I will have to A-B it to some of my others to be sure. I had almost given up on it, since GC got theirs back in March, but it was worth the wait. I think they made 50 of them with flametops and I doubt more than a couple of those made it to Canada.

Hope everyone's summer was good, or at least better than mine. Talk to you all soon.

Cheers

Glad to know you are ok man, a lot of members have asked about you regularily, sorry about the bad things, its very sad, I lost 3 chow chow dogs in the last 2 years and another one 5 years ago, that one had been with me since I was a little kid.

Congratulations for the new guitar, we'll be waiting for her pics.

Archived