Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar on the wall - searching ideas......

Fiskehat

Hello

I'm looking/searching for ideas on how to hang my Gibson Hummingbird on a wall, so it looks cool.

Thinking of hanging it up on a plate with some light on my beloved Hummingbird?

So if some of you have some good ideas, images, etc. i like to hear me from you.

Thanks

Hello

Thx, but not what im searching:) my hummingbird must hang on the wall.

I am looking just for some ideas from anyone on how to get it to look cool on the wall.

possibly with light, another color on the wall behind the guitar, etc. ideas are welcome.

Fiskehat

Check out the Swing String website. They have a lot of cool ways to hang guitars. I use their slat wall system in my music room. It really gives the appearance of a high end guitar shop. I have also installed a track lighting system which can be adjusted to light up the wall in any way you desire. The have a lot of really cool options and are a good company to work with.

C A U T I O N

Make sure the rubber/foam on the hanger is compatible with nitro finishes. There have been disasters posted - melted and/or marred finish.

Best caution - use a cotton cloth to be safe (preferably undyed white - yes, colors can leech into the nitro and discolor the finish)

be careful of the light, if you put an incandescent bulb, or some other heat producing bulb, close to the guitar you bake it slowly and potentially dry it out.

The String Swing is a good product, Hercules also makes wall hangers. I contacted String Swing directly and they sold me parts (the hangers) pretty cheap. I got the right T-Nuts at the hardware store and used a piece of maple to add a strip across my room with hangers spaced out evenly. It works great although i don't tend to use it as much as i anticipated. they go back in the case when i'm done playing..

Hello Gibson friends.

thank you very much for ypur reply.

I got some good ideas, nut would like if anyone could post some pictures of your guitar on the wall.

I am thinking of something with a oriental rug on the wall or something like that, maybe black behind the guitar? lights ? etc.

thx.

Fiskehat

Archived