Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 50th Anniversary SG Standard 24

Monty Burns

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish it was in different colors like the SG Special Anniversary editions.

I actually like the 24 frets but would preferred cherry instead of ebony black. Can someone from Gibson give a word if there will be any new colors throughout the year?

If not...I would probably have to go for the ebony.

Can someone from Gibson give a word if there will be any new colors throughout the year?

If not...I would probably have to go for the ebony.

Not an authority, but I assume they might do "special" runs for their different retailers like they currently do with Standards.

You're right!

Gibson spec.: "Gold 50th Anniversary logo silkscreen on headstock" [thumbdn] (IMO)

I think that a standard is a best choise yet

(but i've not a big seller in my country...so :

1. internet - buy without see and try

2. little seller in my country: only 1 available and 100euro more on internet price...)

• 3 weeks later...

This is what the M>F> website says about the neck,

''Combine this with a beautifully ergonomic rounded neck profile, and you've got one of the sweetest playing rock machines available today.''

Not sure what it means but it looks thinner....

A SG with '57's and a thinner neck I hope.....I have been waiting a long time for this....

I have mine on order from mf but the date keeps getting pushed back, do they even know when they will get them, I cant seem to get an answer from them! I cant wait now they are discontinued at every online store and I was told they were allready sold out!!! Not a surprise because the nearest sg w/57 classics is 1999, I have the 57 classics on a reverse flying v and they are wonderful, and I am sure I will love this axe!!!!! [thumbup][thumbup]

how about it gibson, I know you are reading these, any clue when we will see our guitars,I ordered mine through mf and they cant tell me anything,I will wait forever but would prefer not to! It has been on backorder for weeks, I did find out I am number 26 in the waiting line sure would like my guitar!!!! [thumbup][flapper][confused] :unsure: [crying][crying]:-({|=

how about it gibson, I know you are reading these, any clue when we will see our guitars,I ordered mine through mf and they cant tell me anything,I will wait forever but would prefer not to! It has been on backorder for weeks, I did find out I am number 26 in the waiting line sure would like my guitar!!!! [thumbup][flapper][confused] :unsure: [crying][crying]:-({|=

In the end... I think it will come in very few shops.

If and when they arrive...

And they justify telling....simply **the truth**: "is a limited edition !!!"

[unsure]

Mine arrived yesterday April 5th. Outstanding job Gibson. Long time of my life having the two major American electric guitar makers stuff fill my house, and in recent years you guys have outdone yerselves, this one included. Keep up the good work and Thank You.

rct

Archived