Gibson Brands Forums

47 Years ago, tonight! Rock & Roll was changed, forever!

charlie brown

47 years ago tonight I decided to become a musician-thanks to John and George especially.For the joy that music and guitar has brought into my life I'll forever be indebted to them.God Bless You John and George.

Just missed it [omg] I was 11 and living on the other side of the river Mersey. Around 3 miles from the Cavern club.

Just missed it [omg] I was 11 and living on the other side of the river Mersey. Around 3 miles from the Cavern club.

Living "Merseyside" must have been really "interesting" back then! Then again, if one wasn't apart of, or interested in, that particular "scene," it may have been pretty "normal," instead...huh? Any "Beatles" stories?

CB

Living "Merseyside" must have been really "interesting" back then! Then again, if one wasn't apart of, or interested in, that particular "scene," it may have been pretty "normal," instead...huh? Any "Beatles" stories?

CB

I used to go to a Methodist youth club in Wallasey near New Brighton. We'd get bands there playing to a few dozen kids, I wish I could remember their names. I was only seriously into music a few years later and then for me it was early Fleetwood Mac, Free, Clapton, Thin Lizzie etc

Anyone seen these guys live? Gives me the shivers.

ok, I don't mind if insults start flying my way,,but wasn't born 'til 2 years later,Really don't mind that I missed it and haven't bother to ever look at it,they do absolutely nothing for me.Different strokes..... but if you like it i'm happy for you,,I want try and change your mind,,that's your Bi'ness.

ok, I don't mind if insults start flying my way,,but wasn't born 'til 2 years later,Really don't mind that I missed it and haven't bother to ever look at it,they do absolutely nothing for me.Different strokes..... but if you like it i'm happy for you,,I want try and change your mind,,that's your Bi'ness.

I knew sooner or later we'd get one. Trolls gotta luv em! Haha!!

No artist or band will ever find the approval of 100% of the people. So, not everyone will be a Beatles fan. I get it.

But how could anyone deny the impact they had? I don't have statistical facts, but I think it's safe to say that no other band in history had as big an impact on the entire world as The Beatles. Music, culture, fashion and even attitudes. And that Ed Sullivan show was a turning point. Like I said, I wasn't even born, but I can see how everything changed after that one show.

And to further illustrate their influence to this day...even non-fans will go out of their way just to let others know how they don't like The Beatles :-k

George's chops are pretty tasty there. Very obviously added the icing on the cake to their songs. I didn't realize how good of a player he was until I started learning some of his songs years ago. It became pretty obvious he was knowledgeable about many different playing styles; everything from blues, rock, jazz, and even big band stuff from earlier eras. Not only that he had very good timing and precision on the delivery of some of his chops.

No artist or band will ever find the approval of 100% of the people. So, not everyone will be a Beatles fan. I get it.

But how could anyone deny the impact they had? I don't have statistical facts, but I think it's safe to say that no other band in history had as big an impact on the entire world as The Beatles. Music, culture, fashion and even attitudes. And that Ed Sullivan show was a turning point. Like I said, I wasn't even born, but I can see how everything changed after that one show.

And to further illustrate their influence to this day...even non-fans will go out of their way just to let others know how they don't like The Beatles :-k

Good point. Funny thing is when I was younger I didn't appreciate how talented they really were. I was into "hard rock" at the time and they sounded like pansies to me...lol Now that I'm older and have been around the block more than a time or two I realize just how gifted they were in all aspects of composing, songwriting, arrangements, and delivery. Very talented group they were. Just wish I'd realized it at the time.

I don't consider myself a Beatles "fan" - but the video tells a great story. They were very accomplished musicians - you don't convey that sense of fun while playing and singing that tightly just by accident. Talent and hard work together.

Archived