Gibson Brands Forums

Do you like Fenders?

Geert1976

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many different models/price points of each Fender guitar, I wouldn't know where to begin. If I had one, it would have to have a rosewood fingerboard. Not at all into glossy maple. Much prefer Gibsons. For years, though, Fender made the best most sought after amps available. People are still clamoring for vintage Fender tube amps like my 1978 Twin Reverb. so that's the ticket for me...Gibson guitar through a Fender amp.

My very first electric guitar, was a Fender Strat. It was a birthday

present, from my Mom, on my 14th birthday, in 1964. I still have it!

See below: ;>)

DSC_0022.jpg

CB

thats just incredible....think of all the memories and playing that guitar has gone through for over 45 years...and its still looks in excellent shape...You got a real winner there CB...what does a '64 Fender Strat go for these days?

PS: nothing beats a Fender amp if your in the 600-1400$ range IMO..if there new SS mustang amps look and sound pretty badass, and I've actually been contemplating getting one for late-night practice...

I love the way that Strat looks CB. So much that I had to copy it and get a Tele in the same finish.

photo-22.jpg

photo-63.jpg

These pics make it look like the black outer edge of the finish is really thick. The black part is only about 3/4 inch thick and the red part shows up as black in these pics because of the lighting. It also has some really nice grain that only shows through in bright lighting.

thats just incredible....think of all the memories and playing that guitar has gone through for over 45 years...and its still looks in excellent shape...You got a real winner there CB...what does a '64 Fender Strat go for these days?

PS: nothing beats a Fender amp if your in the 600-1400$ range IMO..if there new SS mustang amps look and sound pretty badass, and I've actually been contemplating getting one for late-night practice...

Thanks, Chase...I don't think I want to know, what it might be worth?! LOL Besides, it's Not For Sale,

at any price. Way too much "sentimental" value, to me...for that. And, value is relative, anyway. All

boils down to what someone would "actually" pay, for something. So...who knows? ;>)

CB

Archived