Gibson Brands Forums

So now we can't complain?

Andy R

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked in a thread, and they said they would [confused]

Oh well, Big Brother is watching

If they could care less then that is a great positive, it is only when you couldn't care less than the care level has reached it's absolute lowest point! msp_scared.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Matt

Are you sure? Maybe they are about to unveil their latest revlutionary winner, a telecaster shaped Slash #567970 signature :rolleyes:[biggrin]

Not only that, but a sig Slash Tele based upon a cloned Slash Tele to begin with.......

I've been a MLP member for a while, but haven't visited there in a while...If it's true that Neo's over there on the GAS group,

and it's invite only, I'd like an invite; I miss Neo's greatness.....................

It's actually a Gibson EB-1 copy [biggrin]

Well.. As long as it's not a Rogue VB100, it's all good. Although, a Rogue probably would be closer to McCartney's Hofner. Back when he bought it, he said it was cheaply built, which was good because that is all he could afford.

Well.. As long as it's not a Rogue VB100, it's all good. Although, a Rogue probably would be closer to McCartney's Hofner. Back when he bought it, he said it was cheaply built, which was good because that is all he could afford.

I love Rouge guitars...big bang for the buck................quality as well................[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ...................

It's a 66/67 Hofner 500/1..... Great playing and sounding bass

Andy, at the end of the day this site is owned by Gibson, they can do whatever they want with it, included deleting posts the guys at legal think can be harmful to them in any way.

While I don't think a "building my les paul clone" is harmful to the company (let's face it, their guys could learn 1 or 2 things from you [biggrin] ) I see how the guys at legal would preffer not to have such a thread in here.

Anyway, as Californiaman said, there are other places you can post the whole process at [thumbup]

Agreed for sure.... No Problem with that

The guy brought some skills and some ideas, and thought he got slammed.

He kinda did, IMHO.

Maybe he'll find somewhere to land where he'll be appreciated.

Actually I din't think I got slammed but I appreciate your comment.

Not only that, but a sig Slash Tele based upon a cloned Slash Tele to begin with.......

I've been a MLP member for a while, but haven't visited there in a while...If it's true that Neo's over there on the GAS group,

and it's invite only, I'd like an invite; I miss Neo's greatness.....................

He only rarely posts in the GAS group, but I understand he is active in other areas "over there".

Ask Thunder for an invite, I'm sure he'd be happy to offer you one.

That really isn't the point. It's not a free speech issue. Patents, copyrights and trademarks are only as good as the holders willingness to defend them. It's hard for Gibson to claim they value their intellectual property if they host tutorials on how to make your own copy on their own web site.

I definitely wouldn't argue with your point and again I understood what the issue was and admit it wasn't the best idea I've ever had.

For what it's worth, I think any subject, that's questionable enough, to be "locked,"

should be removed, afterwards, too! Why take up space on the board, and web-site storage

space, as well, on something that's deemed, inappropriate, by the forum monitors/sponsors?

Just my 2-cent's...

CB

Me too!

Archived