Gibson Brands Forums

What kind of planet is this ?

E-minor7

Let's say this forum is a river – then to which sea is it rolling ?

Where does all this information and knowledge end, valuable as worthless - What is our destiny ?

And, , , been thinking about this for a while :

Who are the philosophers behind the concept - and who hired the 'sheriffs' ?

Who is the master of the Board. Is it the Gibson Guitar Corporation ?

Could someone please explain 'the system' ?

All of this will probably be lost in the next big crash; which is our eventual destiny.

The concept originated long ago by some technophile making Bulletin Boards for access by 300 baud modems.

Gibson hires the sheriffs

And yes, the Master of the Board is the Gibson Guitar Corp.

The system - behave and you won't get kicked/banned.

Now, lay off the medical marijuana . . [flapper]

Thanks for the fast response. In all respect I guess you'll agree it's pretty fair Q.'s to ask.

THC.. . ? Hehe, haven't touched the oil for ages. (Will this make me go from minus 3 to minus 2 in the reputation box. . .)

All of this will probably be lost in the next big crash; which is our eventual destiny.

The concept originated long ago by some technophile making Bulletin Boards for access by 300 baud modems.

Gibson hires the sheriffs

And yes, the Master of the Board is the Gibson Guitar Corp.

The system - behave and you won't get kicked/banned.

Now, lay off the medical marijuana . . [flapper]

+1 on that, BigKahune!

The Gibson Forums are actually a front for an information gathering device for the Department of Homeland Security.

You are being monitored for disidential behavior and your potential as an enemy of the state.

The destination? Janet Napolitano and Obama's Blackberries. They've already hauled off N*******n. Who's next?

Sleep tight.

>tump< >tump< >tump< >tump< >tump< [confused]

Wait.. give me a minute. There's a knock at the door. :unsure:

Are those jack boots I hear? [scared]

Where does all this information and knowledge end, valuable as worthless - What is our destiny ?

It's not the about destination....it's about the journey.

No paranoia. As said in the headline, just curious. What inspired me to this thread was in fact vilys footprints on the beach picture.

I don't need cannabinol to see a certain drama in all these good voices rolling straight to nowhere.

It's like any other culture – while making big noises, things move on towards the great unknown, , , us playing Gibsons all the way.

Wasn't thinking FBI – rather history books, some Golden Gibson Archives. Every society has a corps of custodians to make sure the marks of the tale ends up on the right museums. Wondered if there is a pendant here or if the people in charge tends accept things the way BigKahune puts them : All of this will probably be lost in the next big crash; which is our eventual destiny.

Rather horrifying – and such a waste. How could I f.x. ever regain the information about Dhanners sanded down IB 64 Texan, , , or once more enjoy the photo of those piggies guitars. . .

It's not the about destination....it's about the journey.

Yes yes, they say so. . .

Hey, What can I say EM7? I'm a sales rep! I've spent most of my "real" life ..."sucking up". Can,t I at least be the "devil" or the "advocate" on the internet? [flapper]

I never really had a boss in my life. . .

Thith thread ith tho ethereal. Theriouthly. Here'th my contribution.....

"It's not about avoiding the storm..... it's about learning to dance in the rain"

I have no idea how that'th relevant.

It doeth thadden me when the forum crasheth tho'. Thank you Gibthon for our forum.

(I have a toothache)

The discussion board, while entertaining at times, is like about 98 percent of everything else in life: At the end of the day, it is meaningless and there's nothing that will last. While a few people might learn things here from the guitar experts who are around, I doubt anybody will change their opinions or ever admit they are wrong about something. So as an educational tool or an informational exchange medium or something that promotes growth of the psyche or soul, it kinda sucks.

But, like I said, it is entertaining, and our civilization seems to place a value on that.

The discussion board, while entertaining at times, is like about 98 percent of everything else in life: At the end of the day, it is meaningless and there's nothing that will last. While a few people might learn things here from the guitar experts who are around, I doubt anybody will change their opinions or ever admit they are wrong about something. So as an educational tool or an informational exchange medium or something that promotes growth of the psyche or soul, it kinda sucks.

But, like I said, it is entertaining, and our civilization seems to place a value on that.

That's some corner of a pessimistic assessment. And I think you are plain wrong. Of course things, views and knowledge are exchanged on these pale blue pages. Of course people learn and get their minds cleared or pleasantly tickled here. Are you blind (hopefully not deaf). Dhanners – don't you sit there underestimating the impression your own sanding down the IB 64 Texan report and vilys piggies made on me, please. It would be too absurd.

Regarding existence, I have it the other way around. 2 % might be wasted - the rest makes heavy sense - EVERY DAY. . .

Thith thread ith tho ethereal. Theriouthly. Here'th my contribution.....

"It's not about avoiding the storm..... it's about learning to dance in the rain"

I have no idea how that'th relevant.

It doeth thadden me when the forum crasheth tho'. Thank you Gibthon for our forum.

(I have a toothache)

Well in the in the 2 % category mentioned above, I find this plumberjackel : ethereal.

Is this an adjective (or what they call it) I am suppose to know ?

Aaaarrh, you do in fact mean ethereal. . .

Don't stop rain dancing – It'll keep you on dry land

. . . and happy teeth -

Well in the in the 2 % category mentioned above, I find this plumberjackel : ethereal.

Is this an adjective (or what they call it) I am suppose to know ?

Aaaarrh, you do in fact mean ethereal. . .

Don't stop rain dancing – It'll keep you on dry land

. . . and happy teeth -

Thorry E minortheven, yeth, ethereal (a pothitive word). I think the painkillerth are getting to me [crying]

That's some corner of a pessimistic assessment. And I think you are plain wrong. Of course things, views and knowledge are exchanged on these pale blue pages. Of course people learn and get their minds cleared or pleasantly tickled here. Are you blind (hopefully not deaf). Dhanners – don't you sit there underestimating the impression your own sanding down the IB 64 Texan report and vilys piggies made on me, please. It would be too absurd.

Regarding existence, I have it the other way around. 2 % might be wasted - the rest makes heavy sense - EVERY DAY. . .

To quote the noted philosopher Ted Nugent, if I can't take a bite out of it, it ain't real. I can't take a bite out of this discussion board. (And if I try to take a bite out of my Apple, it'll electrocute me.)

When push comes to shove, the only thing that matters is the love we give and the love we get. This board doesn't provide any love; in fact, my brief experience here has seen pretty much the opposite, having been called some rather choice names by people I don't even know.

But, like I said, there's some entertainment value here. And we all like Gibson acoustics. (Although yesterday I commissioned a local luthier to build me a mahogany dread with vintage D-18 specs....)

I love you dhanners623, , , , in this certain cyber way -

and cheers to the new guitar -

I love you right back. I think....

And yeah, it should be a cool guitar. We've already sat down to talk about materials and appearance, so it'll be nice to have a guitar built just the way I want it. Appearance-wise, it'll be a plain-Jane guitar, looking like a vintage D-18, with a tapered and squared-off headstock, "V"-profile neck, no position markers on the face of the fretboard, etc. The guy building it works at Hoffman Gutiars in Minneapolis and has worked on my Gibson since I've had it so he knows how I play and what I like. It should be a killer guitar. The only downside is it's going to take six months or so for him to build it.

I could've gotten a factory-built or even a small-shop guitar a lot faster, but I thought it was important to throw some money into the local economy.

Who are the philosophers behind the concept - and who hired the 'sheriffs' ?

Who is the master of the Board. Is it the Gibson Guitar Corporation ?

Could someone please explain 'the system' ?

Well, Gibson has placed this forum on the web, so the owners of the corporation are the "masters", and they call the shots.

As to the purpose of this "system" or the "philosophy" behind it:

IMO the answer is part market research and part marketing.

Gibson uses the comments made here to collect information on trends, preferences, reactions to existing products, etc.; while at the same time giving us, the members, a place to discuss their products, thus causing the spread of good old GAS, which leads to people buying and buying and buying. In other words: From the perspective of the Gibson Corporation it's all about making money.

What else would one expect from a company?

Archived