Gibson Brands Forums

I am a Beatles fanatic; now I will list a few songs by them I DON'T like...

heymisterk

Although this is a "don't like thread" here is one from the White album with some great sounding, understated drumming by the nose.

One of the little known album cuts but a secret fav of mine.

[thumbup] It's one of my fav.s to...I can see you're guitar collection you are a fan...I would love to have a Ric 330

This is another one of my favs. perfect drum line for the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WBelmO65J4

I just got done watching the Beatles at Shea and there are no monitors any where that I can see.

The boxes in front of them are stage lights.

I think you're right, when I first watched it I thought the long boxes at the front of the stage were monitors, but they are lights...they don't make monitors that big!!!

I'm a die-hard fan but just like all my other beloved bands, there are many songs I don't like and some I detest. The first one that comes to mind is Ob-la-di Ob-la-da. I hope I never hear it again and sincerely wish that I had never heard it.

The White Album also has some of my Top Favorites- Dear Prudence, Happiness is a warm gun, Sexy Sadie, and Cry Baby Cry. I guess my alltime fav has got to be I am the Walrus. Who could write and compose something like that? Oh, that's right. Lennon.

Cookie I actually had a copy of the Yesterday and today album that's your avatar. My brother steamed off the cover to reveal the dead baby dolls. It was stolen from me when I was about 14.

Funny but I downloaded the whole collection from itunes and I'm 51 years old and still listening to them a lot (when I take a walk at lunch and driving back and forth to work).

OK I forwarded to the next song today when I heard:

If you wear red, Honey Don't and Think for yourself

One song I used to not like but now do is Fixing a hole, I absolutely love the guitar sound in the solo. Don't know what it is, I figured it was George playing a Strat but not sure.

This Monitor thing has got me wondering, being to young to have played in the days before affordable PAs and Tube Amps with no Master Volume, what were they singing through?

What would you guys sing through when your garage band played a party?

And really? They didn't have monitors as in "Stage Monitors" or they didn't have anything feeding them vocals? They didn't even have a speaker on a stand sitting side stage? That's Super Human.

Cookie I actually had a copy of the Yesterday and today album that's your avatar. My brother steamed off the cover to reveal the dead baby dolls. It was stolen from me when I was about 14.

Funny but I downloaded the whole collection from itunes and I'm 51 years old and still listening to them a lot (when I take a walk at lunch and driving back and forth to work).

OK I forwarded to the next song today when I heard:

If you wear red, Honey Don't and Think for yourself

One song I used to not like but now do is Fixing a hole, I absolutely love the guitar sound in the solo. Don't know what it is, I figured it was George playing a Strat but not sure.

I'd have to look it up to be sure but so much of the great guitar soloing on Pepper is Paul's. I've got interviews with George were he admits that he practically stopped playing the guitar during this period because he was so intent on learning the sitar.

I'd have to look it up to be sure but so much of the great guitar soloing on Pepper is Paul's. I've got interviews with George were he admits that he practically stopped playing the guitar during this period because he was so intent on learning the sitar.

I think you're right. I just bought Beatles gear. I'm gonna look it up and will report back.

Archived