Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Bonamassa Les Paul

sellen

I read up on it and it sounded like a very interesting guitar. I entered the epi contest for it, but, as FATE has it out for me, I was not even close to winning it.

BUT, it is a good looking guitar. It would look good hanging over my fireplace with my Hamer Steve Stevens

[biggrin]

I have one! It is one of the best guitars that I haever had in 45 years of guitars. I have owned three different Gibson Les Pauls but was never satisfied with them. I traded or sold them I have a Strat with Texas Specials, and an American Tele, but this Joe B out perms them all. The electronics are all American. It has no flaws. I examined it with jeweler's glasses. All of the measurements were up to specs as advertised. The case is magnificent. The burstbuckers live up to their billing. It had a note in it saying that it was set up in the USA. The neck relief was .008 which is less that Gibson factory specs. The string height was set to factory specs. I put D'addario 11's on it and adjusted the pick up height and then adjusted the pole pieces to the match the height of each string. Needless to say, it planys like a dream and there is no String buzz. The thicker neck makes me play better. If I could find another, I would probably buy it. Some of the Les Paul tributes have the same ingrdients, but not the thicker neck, so I understand. It is the real deal.

Barry Green-Burns

Just Curious whats the difference between a 1959 Les Paul Standard & The Bonamassa 1959 Les Paul Standard?

Both have Burstbucker 2 & 3 and from what I understand and all the same parts (My 59 has a stamped head)

I understand that the Joe Bonamassa has th Thicker Rounded neck. That's what the literature seems to suggest. Otherwise all of the other specks are the same.

B Green-Burns

I got one!! I jumped on this as soon as they were available for pre-order. After going thru the 59 epi and giby 50's studio goldtop order canx goatrope, I was not gonna be denied for the third time!

This is one sweet epi! Has the fat 59 rounded neck, the BB pups sound great, and it came with a brown epi hsc. The quality of the build is outstanding, the gold top is just killer! I play mine thru a marshall class 5 and am extermely happy with it. I also picked up a NOS '54 oxblood std. I like the fatter necks. Both great axes!!!

I got one!! I jumped on this as soon as they were available for pre-order. After going thru the 59 epi and giby 50's studio goldtop order canx goatrope, I was not gonna be denied for the third time!

This is one sweet epi! Has the fat 59 rounded neck, the BB pups sound great, and it came with a brown epi hsc. The quality of the build is outstanding, the gold top is just killer! I play mine thru a marshall class 5 and am extermely happy with it. I also picked up a NOS '54 oxblood std. I like the fatter necks. Both great axes!!!

^^^pictures^^^

Its effectively a 1959 Les Paul with switchcraft, gibson pickups, a D neck and possibly mallory capacitors

But the biggie is its limited to just 1,000 units worldwide!

I'm very tempted to get one, have it available on a Norwegian site. Was just a click away on the confirm buy button yesterday, decided to check it out a bit. Found it on ebay.com and there's a seller that changed the nut and brigde because the strings was binding, [angry] . I had some nut issues on some Gibson's in the past. COME ON GIBSON AND EPIPHONE YOU NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB WITH THIS. And it's not necessary the cheap models that have this issue. Had a Gibson Les Paul Standard 08 that came with a awful nut, and my 2002 g 400 sg has a perfect nut. To be honest i don't need anything more than my old g 400 sg upgraded with Gibson Angus pickup and Gibson tune o'matic brigde, as it wouldn't intonait prober with the epi brigde . But it is fun with a new guitar. Waiting for it ,unbox it, try it out , compare it with the other's. Hmmm i need to check out if they got the Epi Bonamassa still :lol:

I own one of these LTD edition release. I'm not a experimented guitar player. All i can say it's, i love it. Read the review on the web and on youtube and 99% of it are positive. If you have the chance to get one,don't hesitated.

photo12zu.jpg

ORDERED! [thumbup] Gonna be fun comparing it to the 1959

Fortunately I have good news. To reserve one was only £50! (Dawsons £250) so it cleared safely [biggrin]

ETA for this is LATE APRIL (Delayed due to an issue with the cases)

GuitarGuitar (UK COMPANY) They have ONLY 7 LEFT! better preorder this sucker fast!!!

Congrats SS, now comes the difficult part, the wait, I hope it's not too painful for you, and give us your opinions and impressions when it arrives, you know we lap that stuff up here.

• 1 month later...

Archived