Gibson Brands Forums

$125 for a pick?

S t e v e

Guest FarnsBarns

And he wants 8 bucks shipping!

Oh sh1t, didn't see that. hope he doesn't accept my offer 'coz I'm not paying $10!

Just buy a transparent blue pick and have GM's name screened onto it at your local printing works. I imagine that the seller did much the same. And if he didn't, he might as well have. It's not as though the pick he's selling shows any wear from contact with Greenie's LP. You could even sell yours at £2.50 and undercut the opposition. I think I'll go and get my old Gibson pick stamped with Eric Clapton's name, and have my Tortex purple printed with the words Robert and Johnson. The last one is sure to look authentic when I play my old acoustic.

Genuine rock 'n' roll artefact my arseinfact.

HA! I actually had some genuine EC picks I bought at an EC concert. But, they were in my storage locker when it was sold, (wrongly and illegally) and thus, stolen.

So...If you had EC picks and we both knew they were my stolen picks at one time, and they were now worth 150$ now, would you feel obligated to return them to me?

Yeah . . . . . . . . but it is in EXCELLENT Condition!!! . . :rolleyes:

Which probably means Gary didn't use this exact one.

Pretty sad that people try to make money off of the dead. If I had a pick that Alex Lifeson gave to me and I was sure he actually used it, I would treasure it and never sell it, even after he passes, which I pray is a long time. JMHO.

i offered him a swap, my GM les paul in exchange for the pick...he accepted <_<

Uhh ohh... he might leave you bad feedback if you dont go along with it!

lol

Let me know how this plays out...

Clearly this guy is near retarded. I have picks that say joan jett and willie nelson, along with a couple with JOHN LENNON's little scribble self portrait printed on them. Since he's been gone longer they must be worth a mint!

Uhh ohh... he might leave you bad feedback if you dont go along with it!

lol

Let me know how this plays out...

Clearly this guy is near retarded. I have picks that say joan jett and willie nelson, along with a couple with JOHN LENNON's little scribble self portrait printed on them. Since he's been gone longer they must be worth a mint!

i didn't actually offer, i was kidding...but as wk says i would clearly get the better deal [biggrin]

Like anything else picks are collectible and worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. Certain artist from certain tours fetch surprising money. I have a nice collection of picks from concerts I had been to and supplemented that by buying a few on line. Many times I watched the price of a pick soar over $60 because 2 fans wanted the same one.

Archived