Gibson Brands Forums

I'm in the wrong genre

All kidding aside, I think the advice about playing what trips your trigger, not girls, is the better idea. Don't get me wrong, I've played a lot of different styles and there's always a girl or two to be found regardless if you're looking interesting and interested to them.

That's whether you do rock, folk, country, cowboy or whatever. I like an awful lotta different styles myself and frankly it's sometimes fun to play along with stuff that you don't care to listen to, but can be fun playing.

But here's one to think about, as I did around your age. A girl who's ... interested ... in you 'cuz you play guitar probably is interested in any guy who plays guitar and if she wass, I wasn't.

Just a thought, but I never liked doctors much.

m

There's more to the conundrum Milo brings up. Let's say you get a girl that likes you because you play, once they're with you they want you to stop playing because they think you'll attract more women. If you're not the "Love 'em and Leave 'em" type, that can get messy.

Chicks Dig Motorcycles, buy one of those and stay true to your art. [biggrin]

Get a motorcycle and a biker chick.......And get a bicycle......Bicycle chicks are HOT !!!!!!!!!!

And they dig NAT TONE.......and only you have NAT TONE....................[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ...

RE: The girl friend thing...

I once upon a time, many decades ago, was working around 60 hours a week, training maybe 10 hours a week and gigging three nights a week.

My girlfriend at the time said it had stopped being fun and either I quit the band or she was gone. There's only one response to that kind of ultimatum, whether you're the boy or the girl in a relationship. You've gotta say, "Good bye."

A week or two later I put in my time with the band, I'd quit within five weeks. Heck, the schedule was probably killing me; it had long since stopped being fun and at the time I needed the workouts more than the band.

I don't think the girl ever quite got it. And ladies, if you think I'm being a MCP, I'd recommend that your response to ultimatums be the same as mine was.

m

It was the only show I went to where I had to constantly ask myself and others if the person was a guy or a girl.

weird

So you couldn't tell the difference between the guys and the girls.. but there were a lot of hot girls there? Hmm :P

When I was in school it was the jocks and guys who played in bands that had the cutest chicks but the jocks usually attracted the empty-head cheer-leader type while the musicians usually got the ones with an abundance of grey matter too.

It is one of the most fascinating forces of nature how chicks dig guitar players.

It can happen on so many levels and in different ways. I have had some occasions where a chick would not give me the time of day, then when they saw me play, they wanted me. Also, sometimes there seems to be no accounting for taste. I KNOW there have been times when I gave a bad performance, and yet there may be chicks that tell me I was great, but I don't think they are telling the truth because they are just hitting on me.

The truth is, as men, we may like it sometimes that being a guitar player increases our sex appeal, (especially when you are ugly like me) but at the same time, sometimes it makes me sick that a woman will like me because of it. I have to add that I may have emotional problems though.

It really comes down to this: as men we are just as responsible for what we choose to do with our penises. If we take advantage of this "attraction" that guitar playing seems to do, we also have to be prepared to be taken advantage of.

Went to a friend's show, they play post hardcore stuff. So many hot chicks

[confused] ..... you sound more like a fan, than a musician right now. [biggrin]

I think some here are not giving enough credit to females that go see bands play. Trust me they know if you're a good band, and are very quick to pick up on bands that have a certain vibe about them, that will make the females come back and see you for a second and third time.

I played in a female fronted group for most of my music career, and we had a huge female following...... and the reason was we were a very good band...... It has very little to do with genre, but more with how good your band is, and what type of vibe you present to the crowd during a performance.

[confused] ..... you sound more like a fan, than a musician right now. [biggrin]

I think some here are not giving enough credit to females that go see bands play. Trust me they know if you're a good band, and are very quick to pick up on bands that have a certain vibe about them, that will make the females come back and see you for a second and third time.

I played in a female fronted group for most of my music career, and we had a huge female following...... and the reason was we were a very good band...... It has very little to do with genre, but more with how good your band is, and what type of vibe you present to the crowd during a performance.

Or mabye the fact the girls thought you guys were cute. [flapper][wink]

Good point. I think when we discuss chicks, fans, and playing we have a tendancy to lump poeple all together as to why they are there and listening.

Not all of us play guitar for the chicks, and not all women who are fans and dressed hot are skanks.

Or mabye the fact the girls thought you guys were cute. [flapper][wink]

Well I must admit I did look rather sexy in spandex [thumbup] ..... But during my music days, I had a very steady girlfriend I was dedicated to..... When I cheated on her, it was purely on accident :unsure:

In the suburbs, all the hot scene chicks go to these shows.

Just sayin

and we are gonna play there soon, talked to the owner last night [thumbup]

[thumbup]

Just keep in mind, you are there to create a buzz for your band, so make sure your act is polished..... Also if there is one thing females are sensitive to is the beat. If you have a drummer with a bad meter, you will lose the crowd..... Make sure your drummer has improved on this. I have noticed with all your bands sound clips, your drummer has been by far the weakest link.... The drummer is supposed to be the back-bone of any group, so stay on his *** to improve his meter, or get a new drummer.

Archived