Gibson Brands Forums

the new Dot Royale

budglo

I see the new Dot Royale is going for 549 at GC.As far as I can tell it is the same as the stock Dot except for the color and pickgard color.Any other explaination for the higher price? What am I missing?

It is a "Royale"?

It's White and Gold?

It's a limited edition? Why would you call something a limited edition? (makes it sound like it just can't quite do it all...'cause it's limited.

12m.gif

But...but...but...it goes to eleven!

eleven.jpg

Truth is, I have no idea. If someone knows, I too, am curious.

Willy

It reinforces that the regular Dot and Dot Deluxe are still bargains.

Unless it comes with a case, it seems to be priced higher than I would

have expected.

The LP Royale on the other hand is reasonably priced and in line with the

regular standards.

I see the new Dot Royale is going for 549 at GC.As far as I can tell it is the same as the stock Dot except for the color and pickgard color.Any other explaination for the higher price? What am I missing?

Hi,

Thanks for the post and your participation in the Epiphone forum.

The U.S. MAP (minimum advertised price) for the DOT Royale is $449 which typically corresponds with the customer or "street" price. Retailers would not knowingly sell a product for well above that price so it appears that GC.com (and MF.com) has the wrong data in their system for this model. I have notified them of this discrepancy and I suspect they will change it soon. Stay tuned...

The DOT Royale has a $50 up-charge over the regular DOT due to it's Pearl White color, gold sparkle binding and gold hardware all of which are more expensive to produce.

Thanks again,

Epiphone

Hi,

The U.S. MAP (minimum advertised price) for the DOT Royale is $449 which typically corresponds with the customer or "street" price. Retailers would not knowingly sell a product for well above that price so it appears that GC.com (and MF.com) has the wrong data in their system for this model. I have notified them of this discrepancy and I suspect they will change it soon. Stay tuned...

The DOT Royale has a $50 up-charge over the regular DOT due to it's Pearl White color, gold sparkle binding and gold hardware all of which are more expensive to produce.

Thanks again,

Epiphone

Great to see you taking care of business Jim.

Hi,

Thanks again,

Epiphone

Thanks for the info.I thought something was amiss.I would expect an upcharge for a special finish.I bought a Dot Deluxe a few months ago and am quite happy with it.Great guitar.

Hi,

Thanks again,

Epiphone

Quite reasonable considering Gretsch charges a $500 to $1000 premium on the White Falcon for gold sparkle, hardware, and white color... :-)

Quite reasonable considering Gretsch charges a $500 to $1000 premium on the White Falcon for gold sparkle, hardware, and white color... :-)

Yes. $50 for extra bling doesn't seem too bad.

But it is just bling...

Yes. $50 for extra bling doesn't seem too bad.

But it is just bling...

True...but, it's "nice" bling! (Smile)

I don't need ANY more guitars, but it's still quite tempting! ;>)

Now, if they'd only change the headstock inlay, to a proper "crown'

version, and put the current one, back into the "Riviera" models,

where it belongs! ;>)

CB

Archived