Gibson Brands Forums

Buzzzzzz

chase1410

Upgraded me "holy grail" guitar...Swapped out all the vol. and tone. pots for 500k CTS super pots and tone pots, and added two Luxe Bumble Bee Caps!...Man did it make this guitar sing more then ever..Definitely my favorite guitar, along with my Tele. I want to thank R9 for the advice and bringing up RS Guitarworks...Worked wonders on an already incredible sounding guitar...Even my tech was impressed with the tone and quality compared to the Gibson BB caps...He actually had one cut in half that he showed me...Not PIO whatsoever...

227261_1999460634119_1471628963_2253864_753110_n.jpg

227615_1999460714121_1471628963_2253865_3889427_n.jpg

Holy crap what a day, I work in the automotive industry so thats probably why I typed car was probably saying it or something, I dont multitask to well as its the second time I did that today. Replace car with guitar, *shifty eyes* they sound close.

Holy crap what a day, I work in the automotive industry so thats probably why I typed car was probably saying it or something, I dont multitask to well as its the second time I did that today. Replace car with guitar, *shifty eyes* they sound close.

LOL...I was thinking..." You can do that?"

LOL I just thought you meant you were thinking about it as you drove to work [tongue]

Where can one hear this lovely thing being played???

There isnt a moment I dont think about my guitar, I am either planning new mods or something. Heck I woke up at like 4:30am this morning and started playing it for no reason, 100% addict.

By the way, your DB looks great. [thumbup]

Any thoughts to changing a few more things on it? I think it would look even better with an ABR-1 and some different knobs. You can score a Faber bridge for around $40 when they have a sale. Knobs are cheap.

Congrats on a great conversion.

Nice and tidy too. I like that a lot. [thumbup]

Thanks alot BigKahune

By the way, your DB looks great. [thumbup]

Any thoughts to changing a few more things on it? I think it would look even better with an ABR-1 and some different knobs. You can score a Faber bridge for around $40 when they have a sale. Knobs are cheap.

That's a good question....I'm not very knowledgeable when it come's too bridges, and have never put TOO much thought into one, the knobs will defintley be changed with some gold inserts...As for the bridge what would be the best "quality" TOM-like bridge for a Les Paul? I'll have to look at the faber...I've never really got the whole ABR-1 vs Nashville vs TOM..then theres Tonepros...lol

Thanks alot BigKahune

That's a good question....I'm not very knowledgeable when it come's too bridges, and have never put TOO much thought into one, the knobs will defintley be changed with some gold inserts...As for the bridge what would be the best "quality" TOM-like bridge for a Les Paul? I'll have to look at the faber...I've never really got the whole ABR-1 vs Nashville vs TOM..then theres Tonepros...lol

get whatever Sl00sh uses

I put a Faber ABR-N and a '59 tailpiece on my Traditional. The ABR-N drops right onto the stock Nashville studs. I put the bridge on just for looks but the guitar did sound different/better afterwards. Not sure if it was because of the bridge, the TP, or both. Both parts were really light compared to the stock Gibson bridge/TP - super light in my hands but it's not like they made the guitar lighter. You can also buy kits that replace the studs but I didn't want to go that far. The best replacement bridge? I don't know first hand but some posts make it seem as if Callaham bridges are life changing experiences.

Archived