Gibson Brands Forums

Selling some stuff, need help with pricing.

Thundergod

I'm gonna be in FL for a month starting at the end of may, I've put for sale some of my guitars and amps locally as they don't get much use, I'm thinking about putting them on ebay for US buyers to check out, maybe I can ship it from FL at a low cost (lower than it would take to ship from here).

Anyway, I put an ad on another forum and get some PMs asking for prices and it just hit me I haven't thought out any US prices (any instrument in here sells for twice as much as they do in the US so prices here are higher).

How much should I ask for these stuff?

MINT Gibson Les Paul Robot Red Metallic (the second production color, the one that came out with green and purple and has bound headstock and neck). Schaller straplocks. Original case.

8/10 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, honney burst, Peter Green mod + Reflector knobs, Schaller straplocks, and amber switch tip. Original case.

5/10 (aesthetic stuff like the handle and some scratches in the tolex, new tubes, works fine) Marshall JCM 900 MkIII model 2500 head.

Laney LionHeart 20W head, made in the UK (with soft cover, selection pedal and manuals, has been used 5 times and only in the studio).

Some 2x12 cabinets (I could take 1 with me to the US), finishes are brown/white snakeskin, green gator skin, brown/creme paisley, black, orange. Same goes for 1x12 cabs (most of them with eminence patriot private jack speakers, I think 2 have celestion vintage 30s). All cabs new, they are display models of my brand of custom made cabs (that are hand made in here and only under special order).

Various boss pedals. (ds1, sd1, dd7, v-wah)

Vox tonelab LE

I dont know if it will help but a guy here in Vancouver has had a Robot LP on craigslist for about 2 months originally listed it at $2100 and I think its now sitting at $1700.

Yup here is the repost again: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/msg/2349041299.html

Here is one I havent seen: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/msg/2314366748.html

I almost wanna get the second one...

Um, wouldn't you get better money by selling in OZ ??? [confused] :unsure: [crying] ...

Maybe, but I'm not visiting Oz anytime soon :D I'm gonna spend a month or 2 in the US and I figured I could ship them from inside the US to any state (not to Hawaii or Alaska tho)

I'm sure the cost of moving guitars from here to there has an impact on prices there. I wonder if costoms has anything to do with it. That may be something you can work to your advantage.

Friends and poeple I know that would go to Europe would naver come back with guitars, and sometimes that pays for much of the trip. Likewise, players that I have met from Europe leave here with better guitars.

Continueing with ideas, what about consignment?

...(any instrument in here sells for twice as much as they do in the US so prices here are higher)..

Where is "in here"?

I don't see locations under peoples avatars any more.

Might double check import/export duty laws in your country and in the US. Serial numbered guitars are one of several things that usually get noted when you cross the border. If you go back without it, or with a different one, somebody is going to want to get paid.

Where is "in here"?

I don't see locations under peoples avatars any more.

Might double check import/export duty laws in your country and in the US. Serial numbered guitars are one of several things that usually get noted when you cross the border. If you go back without it, or with a different one, somebody is going to want to get paid.

He's in Ecuador (I believe)

Some South American country

Thanks.

I'm not seeing some 'Location's.

I see yours Fred, and mine, maybe it has something to do with personal settings.

Ecuador? The one time owners of Gibson, et.al. were from Ecuador.

[thumbup]

Yes it is a beautiful South American country nestled between Columbia and Peru. While I was in Ecuador in 1990 I was amazed at how friendly the people were and how beautiful the women were. That along with 25 cents for a liter of beer made this southern boy want to stay.

And yes TG is from there.

LOL you guys are nuts [lol]

I sold the Peavey Wolfgang Custom that way (no way of getting any decent offer in here) last time I visited, and there was no problem, according to my country's customs office I can go in or out with 2 musical instruments "and everything I need to make them work" (i.e. strings, pedals, amps) but that I can carry by myself; and since it's an American guitar I figured nobody in America was gonna care LOL

Archived