Gibson Brands Forums

Mountain - Nantucket Sleighride

Searcy

• 2 weeks later...

Never In My Life, and Theme For An Imaginary Western I believe were the finest of any of the Mountain songs. I got the real lyrics of "Never In My Life", from someone who knows L. West.

West, Pappalardi - Collins, Laing

"Never In My Life"

Never in my life

Did I find a girl like you

Never in my life

When I wake up in the morning

You make me feel so good

Bringing me a shot of whisky

And a little bit of lovin' too

For the first time in my life

I finally found someone like you

For the first time in my life

I finally found someone like you

I feel like I’ve known her a lifetime

And it feels so good

Knowin' my baby's waitin'

And I’m gonna’ get mine too-ooh

Hey hey hey

Never in my life

Never in my life

When I get around to thinkin'

About the way she do

I don't want to leave her

You know the woman loves me too

(RIP Felix Pappalardi 4/17/83)

The lyrics to "NIML" aren't that clear on most of the tracks of it. After you see the real lyrics to "NIML", It's almost comical when you see what some believe the lyrics are. When I saw Mountain in early 1971, they opened with "NIML". They slowed the tempo down, It was amazing. I wish they would have recorded it on the Climbing album that way. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

mountain reminds me of all the high school dances where all the bands where play'n them, loved them slow songs. My older brother use to see mountain play the high schools, that would have been cool.

Last time I saw LW was in the summer of 2001 in the World Trade Center, central court yard where the big globals was, they had summer concerts during lunch, we would go and hangout, great times, sad time.......

Odd as it sounds, I first heard "Nantucket Sleighride" because the fast riff-bit of it was used as the theme-tune for a week-end lunchtime T.V.worldwide-politico-docu-analysis program on UK television in the mid-'70s ('Week-end World' with Brian Walden?). My mate knew what it was and I hunted the album down.

Great band.

P.

The live cut on side 2 of "Flowers of Evil" might have been one of the longest recording on one side of an LP ever pressed.......... almost a half hour! The volumn was cut down a bit to cram the extra tracks on it. I bought the CD a about ten years ago hoping it was remastered, it didn't sound much better to me anyway........... [crying]

Archived