Gibson Brands Forums

Floods have reached Memphis?

Enmitygauged

I just read on the news sites the floods have reached Memphis again. Coming from Australia where we just had the biggest flood in the history of our nation. My heart goes out to anyone affected by the floods. Oh and I volunteer to take as many classic gibsons out of storage in Memphis that they may need to move. :P they may never see them again but at least they wont be wet.

Hang in there, Memphis! You are in our thoughts and prayers. [thumbup]

amen!! couldn't have said it any better...

I have a friend in Covington, just north of Memphis, i'll get the "real deal" news from him about how bad it is sometime within a week from now.

Hope there all ok - got to feel bad for people that flood out, that live in places that shouldn't flood. Places That are below seal level like New Orleans are a different story when they flood I gotta wonder why there always surprised and why do we spend federal money rebuilding in flood area's. Just like the houses that fall into the ocean in California mud slides every year and everybody is shocked? It happens every few years and has been doing in for decades those people just need to buy a vowel and figure out what gravity is.

Speaking of New Orleans, my daughter works and goes to school there, and the Mississippi is rising in that area to the point there may be more flooding, and they are considering another evacuation. They are anticipating the Mississippi will rise 35 feet over normal.

retro, federal money is spent there for the US citizens that live there and their history. And BTW, they've had a levee system there for around 120 years, so floods are never a shock.

Archived