Gibson Brands Forums

Waiting sucks..

chase1410

I bought a Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe last Tuesday...and...it still even hasn't been shipped...I ordered straight from Wampler, and there is no delays or backorders on the pedal whatsoever...I find it pretty unprofessional that they haven't even shipped it and its got me irritated...Every in-stock item I've ever bought has shipped the day of or the day after when purchased...I know I sound like a whiner...but I wouldn't of payed a little extra for Priorty shipping or even buy through Wampler if I knew I was gonna have to wait...Hell the only reason I bought this in the first place, is because I'm waiting for another OD/DIST to be built..So who knows I might get my other one before the Wampler! Cry me a river guys wont ya? :rolleyes:

Wow that is very unprofessional have you tried contacting them about it? I'd be pretty annoyed. Wampler makes some awesome dirt though (judging by demos).

I hate waiting too I'm currently waiting for an OD to be built and a fuzz to ship from Singapore. It's drivin me crazy.

Wow that is very unprofessional have you tried contacting them about it? I'd be pretty annoyed. Wampler makes some awesome dirt though (judging by demos).

I hate waiting too I'm currently waiting for an OD to be built and a fuzz to ship from Singapore. It's drivin me crazy.

Yep, and never heard back...I tried again today...Really irritating due to the fact I could of bought it off an Ebay dealer in KC for like 5-10$ more and it would of been here Wend. or Thurs. max....It doesn't help being impatient either, but when I sell stuff on Ebay I ALWAYS try to ship the day they pay or the day after...I try to do to my customers as I'd want other people to treat me like that when I'm the customer..

Yep, and never heard back...I tried again today...Really irritating due to the fact I could of bought it off an Ebay dealer in KC for like 5-10$ more and it would of been here Wend. or Thurs. max....It doesn't help being impatient either, but when I sell stuff on Ebay I ALWAYS try to ship the day they pay or the day after...I try to do to my customers as I'd want other people to treat me like that when I'm the customer..

Yeah I always ship the day of or after payment. It's pretty frustrating when people don't but I understand sometimes people are too busy with work etc.... But 5 days is ridiculous especially for a company like Wampler and the fact that they're not answering you makes it even worse.

Honestly I don't think I'd cancel my order over it but I definately wouldn't deal with them directly again.

real customer service is gone it's partially the consumers fault for caring more about low cost than service but it's widespread now and become the norm in the world we live in, with production costs so high a lot of companies try to build and ship product at the time of sale so they don't have to sit on any finished product.

The worst is anything that does come imported from overseas. I bought two hanging chandelier style iron lamps worth about $1200 each from Restoration Hardware that they advertised as in stock, as part of a big annual special lighting sale in early April. My original 7-10 day delivery date went by with no word so I called them and they notified me that it would be late August before they got the lamps from over sea's.

I said you showed them as in stock and the answer they gave me was well yeah we have our store stock, but if you buy from the special price sales then we order from over seas so we don't deplete the store stock with our sales price. I asked them if that was posted anywhere or if they notified customers when ordering and they said well no because we never know for sure what they will sell from store stock or want they want to ship.

I cancelled all the lights as well as about 9k worth of furniture I had ordered. So far they have called now three times and they are really surprised that I cancelled my entire order and they don't seem to even understand why I would be upset after all I would save almost 15% just by waiting four more months there choice not mine. I told them I would not shop at places that gave lousy customer service or did things like this that I considered to be a bait and switch. There answer was well ok but now the manager said we could sell you the lights from the store stock since you seem upset.

I just laughed and told them to please remove me from the advertising list as I was no longer a customer and now a different manager is leaving me phone messages because he wants to discuss my apparent dissatisfaction?

Archived