Gibson Brands Forums

Round 2 - Battle of the Bursts

GuitarJunkie

Round 2 - Battle of the Faded LPs

Thundergod vs. GuitarJunkie

Thundergod's faded Honeyburst Standard is going up against GuitarJunkie's faded Tobaccoburst Standard. There are 7 photos of each guitar. Review the photos and vote for the one you like best.

It's just that simple.

Voting will be open until midnight sunday (EST) so make sure to get your vote in as soon as possible.

ENJOY!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thundergod's Standard Faded in HoneyBurst

DSC01507.jpg

1.jpg

12.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

DSC01525.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

GuitarJunkie's Standard Faded in TobaccoBurst

lpf_tb05.jpg

lpf_tb13.jpg

lpf_tb02.jpg

lpf_tb08.jpg

lpf_tb09.jpg

lpf_tb11b.jpg

lpf_tb06.jpg

The winner of your little spat should go up against Fingers Galore!!

Flight959..

NICE faded LP `s guys. Both are stunning.

I would be glad to go up against the winner. I doubt that the others will want another faded competition next though. Maybe the next competition should be customs. Or maybe an R9 showdown with Tim and Deepblue.

I don't know...tough call. I'm gonna need some more time to think about it.

Or, the first person to send me $10 gets my vote.

I would be glad to go up against the winner. I doubt that the others will want another faded competition next though. Maybe the next competition should be customs. Or maybe an R9 showdown with Tim and Deepblue.

I'm sure there are more members here with R9s besides blue and me.

Retrosurfer has a stunning one-piece top R9.

A Custom showdown, eh?=P~

No need to argue' date=' fellas. We can always have ckledzepplin vs. surfpup, right?

Wait a minute...[b']is this round a fair fight? [/b] Hasn't Junkie virtuoso-ed his guitar? Sounds like we have a ringer here, boys!

Yes he has... and those pickup covers... OMG they look nice... and those markers... they look nice too... I think it is a little uneven and unfair as mine is still pretier than his... =D> (his could use a little TP-6 to look more badass... and that's exactly what I like about this faded contest... both sport mods that "are Gibson").

I guess next up are Surfpup and ckledzepplin... for not modded standard fadeds...

I would like to see a Canadian showdown... deepblue, Tim, Guitar Junkie and some others from up north... some of you even sport special reissues dont you? (...hm... maple syrup! =D> )

Oh... my vote went for junkie... I'm looking forward to put some pickup covers and markers on my faded...

Damn i was the one who suggested faded match up in the first place

Ooops...

I just went back to the original thread and saw your challenge on page one. I only saw TG's post 4 days later looking for a combatant and I jumped in right away. We'll make sure zep gets his day in the ring.

Yes he has... and those pickup covers... OMG they look nice... and those markers... they look nice too... I think it is a little uneven and unfair as mine is still pretier than his... eusa_whistle.gif (his could use a little TP-6 to look more badass... and that's exactly what I like about this faded contest... both sport mods that "are Gibson")

And what the hell is all this talk about my markers?!? I didn't do anything to my markers. I did polish the finish, but I went out of my way to avoid ANY shots with reflections that might show the semi-gloss finish. The pick-up covers are an even match with the TP-6.

I think they both look kick-***.

You seriously think I don't have one of those too?!?

I just thought a honeyburst vs. honeyburst battle would be sort of boring.

Kind of like "which Olsen twin is skankier?".

As always, you are damn right man... it would be harder to chose if both were "the same guitar"...

(looking forward to that Canadian showdown budy)=D>

Archived