Gibson Brands Forums

Night Hawk owners

wardog

Ok, some of you happy bums have had this great guitar for a few weeks and I personally love the reviews and the pics everyone has provided. You guys rock!!!msp_thumbup.gif

Ok, now for those where the honeymoon period is over, The BIG Question!!!!!

Will you upgrade to the Seymour Duncan pups when they come out? IF you do, which pup, the 59 or jb?; is there a need to upgrade the electronics? We need more reviews folks. At least a few more picsmsp_crying.gif!!!!!

If anyone has the Honey-burst, I would love to see some pics. I had the pleasure of playing a TRANS BLACK AND FIRE-BURST. THE GUITAR IS AWESOME!!!!. But, I really want to see how the Honey-burst looks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why upgrade 200-250 Euro Pickups in a 300 Euro guitar [confused]

#-o

I get the sound out I suspected to get

yes, but, we both know some can't leave things as is. Not to say I am one of those folks.unsure.gif

I'm leaving mine stock, there's nothing wrong with the pups that are in it.

Which color do you have bones? I see Pete got the trans black from a previous post.

Ok, some of you happy bums have had this great guitar for a few weeks and I personally love the reviews and the pics everyone has provided. You guys rock!!!msp_thumbup.gif

Will you upgrade to the Seymour Duncan pups when they come out? IF you do, which pup, the 59 or jb?; is there a need to upgrade the electronics? We need more reviews folks. At least a few more picsmsp_crying.gif!!!!!

If anyone has the Honey-burst, I would love to see some pics. I had the pleasure of playing a TRANS BLACK AND FIRE-BURST. THE GUITAR IS AWESOME!!!!. But, I really want to see how the Honey-burst looks.

Heres mine in the requested HONEYBURST: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/67933-hngd-i-join-the-exclusive-club/

For me NO I have 3 "Gibson" upgraded Epiphones so its fine as is

Heres Seymours D's Page on the pickups http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/new-product/seymour-duncan-launches-nighthawk-slant-replacement-pickup/

Ok, that does it. I think I will be getting the honeyburst. Solid, that is one sharp a$$ guitar. Thank you sir for posting you link. I hate the gas that has developed on this forum lately. Epi is really cranking out some great stuff this year.

Fireburst or Transblack will be mine soon.....I will do the '59 P.U. upgrade, as I'll be using it on demo

and PRO recordings............

I understand the need for us guitar freaks to mod everything, but just out of curiosity, why would you already be dead set on replacing pickups in a guitar you don't even have yet? What if the stock ones are great?

I understand the need for us guitar freaks to mod everything, but just out of curiosity, why would you already be dead set on replacing pickups in a guitar you don't even have yet? What if the stock ones are great?

+1

I've been known to occasionally do mods to my geets, but I have to agree with Mike, why consider a pickup upgrade till you've heard what the original sounds like ???

I have the Fireburst model.
i had the oppotunity to test drive a fire burst and it looked great. The pups on these guitars really scream with a od pedal. I think I found my fathers day gift

i had the oppotunity to test drive a fire burst and it looked great. The pups on these guitars really scream with a od pedal. I think I found my fathers day gift

Played one at GC for a good 40 minutes yesterday and had a blast. No need from my perspective to mess with the pups but it's all subjective.

Every GC I've been in only has the Hawk in transblack. Hang a burst up on that rack and I doubt I could resist. :-({|=

I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase with the fireburst model I picked up a week or so ago. I am very happy with the sound of these pickups and the variety they offer, and besides, I generally don't spend a lot of time in the bridge position ... so no changes for me in that department. I also find the 5-way switch to very quiet and functional.

I think I will be changing out the bridge saddles, however. The ones that came with the guitar just seem sort of cheesey and make intonating the guitar sort of a chore as the screws all seem to either bind up or jump around ... really my only "less-than-perfect" on the entire instrument. I can get a good deal on the Graph Tech saddles and they should be a simple drop-in replacement. I'll keep you posted ...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Graph-Tech-String-Saver-Classic-Saddles-for-Tele-Bridges-305805-i1127999.gc

... and here's a picture of the dear girl herself. Just a fun guitar!

Sany0025-1.jpg

Jim

I've played the guitars ( New Nighthawks ), and although the slant PU is good, I'll be using it primarily for recording..I own many guitars that I don't

use, they look pretty on stands, this will be used quite a bit.....So, the PU upgrade will mix better with my other recording guitars........

The Nighthawk for me has to be the most amazing value for money out there

Probably in part due to it's Indonesia build location (I wonder what wage the assemblers are paid)

If there was a Gibson equivalent with beefy p/u's I would probably have had that

The other option is a complete 'beef up' of all 3 p/u's and wiring loom

Then total cost starts to escalate.....

V

:-({|=

The Nighthawk for me has to be the most amazing value for money out there

Probably in part due to it's Indonesia build location (I wonder what wage the assemblers are paid)

If there was a Gibson equivalent with beefy p/u's I would probably have had that

The other option is a complete 'beef up' of all 3 p/u's and wiring loom

Then total cost starts to escalate.....

V

:-({|=

The majority of owners are happy with the electrics as they are though, so for most there shouldn't be much to spend, I'd be more likely to put a Tusq XL nut and decent bridge, maybe $30 - $40, then give it a decent setup.

Just picked up my Fireburst today. One of those GAS purchases, but with a 15% discount how could I not??? My Wildkat is an amber burst, love the honey burst, but this was in stock and when you have GAS you have GAS....

No mods at the present time...

I'm happy with the pups. Only mod I'm considering is to change the wiring so it's like the originals, so I can get neck & bridge combos.

sweet, i agree, epi should have added a toggle to bring in the brige with the neck and with all three pups. Now you have an all and one guitar in you hands.msp_thumbup.gif

post a pic of the wiring diagram you will be using. I am very interested in this mod!!!!!

Archived