Gibson Brands Forums

LP's pup cavities

EvanPC

I decided to look in the pup cavities of my LP, and noticed some handwritten acronyms inside. I'd assume they're there for production/manufacturing purposes, but does anyone know what they mean?

Neck cavity. Perhaps the "N" is for Neck, but can't figure the "A".

2011-05-25_19-09-42_156.jpg

Bridge. Again, I'd assume the "LP" is for Les Paul, but can't figure the "OP".

2011-05-25_19-18-07_789.jpg

idk if its just me, but that maple cap seems huge! Depth wise that is....Looks freakn great and mighty clean.... [thumbup]

It appeared to be about 3/4 of an inch thick at what seemed to be the thickest part. Definitely over a half inch, at the very least. I have no idea what's considered normal or average.

It appeared to be about 3/4 of an inch thick at what seemed to be the thickest part. Definitely over a half inch, at the very least. I have no idea what's considered normal or average.

Studios are usually an 1/8th" less on thickness on the maple tops than Standards and up....

Pretty Sure the markings in the cavity are:

LP = Les Paul

o = Studio

P= Plus/Pro Top Since it is a natural finish they used a Plus AA maple flame top

Studios are usually an 1/8th" less on thickness on the maple tops than Standards and up....

Yup; The standard is 3/4 of an inch.......I won't buy Epis with flame tops 'cause they're veneer........

Archived