Gibson Brands Forums

Problem with my Marshall (NOW WITH VIDEO)

swleary

it hums even on the clean channel.

Keep in mind I couldn't do a great recording, I used my camera.

My thoughts are, it's a bad tube in the pre amp of the amp. Problem is when I took it back to the store, the salesperson wasn't too helpful.Almost made me feel like I was stupid when he checked to see if the tubes were glowing in the back "Oh there fine"...I gotta a little pissy with him then..like comoeon how do you know if the tubes are bad by just looking at them, there's a whole pre amp section you can't see. One other thing the salesman said "we'll send it to be fixed and we'll give you something else to borrow and we'll send it to our guy at Yorkville sound to get it fixed".

The amp is less than a week old...hmmmm total BS in my books.....

I may have to get touch with the ceo of Long & McQuade inorder to get it resolved.

Guest FarnsBarns

it hums even on the clean channel.

Keep in mind I couldn't do a great recording, I used my camera.

My thoughts are, it's a bad tube in the pre amp of the amp. Problem is when I took it back to the store, the salesperson wasn't too helpful.Almost made me feel like I was stupid when he checked to see if the tubes were glowing in the back "Oh there fine"...I gotta a little pissy with him then..like comoeon how do you know if the tubes are bad by just looking at them, there's a whole pre amp section you can't see. One other thing the salesman said "we'll send it to be fixed and we'll give you something else to borrow and we'll send it to our guy at Yorkville sound to get it fixed".

The amp is less than a week old...hmmmm total BS in my books.....

I may have to get touch with the ceo of Long & McQuade inorder to get it resolved.

Did the salesman plug a guitar in and try it?

If he did, and there's no hum at the shop it must be an environmental contributor in your house. You could try killing every lthing in your house that has a motor such as fridge, freezer, heating, air-con, extractor fans etc. If you get no hum go round switching things back on one by one until you find the offending item. I'd start with devices that connect with a wall socket because anything that is hard wired should be on a different circuit and us less likely to be the culprit.

Yeah, don't accept any bull about sending it for repair. If it comes to that demand your money back and buy another one else where.

I took a ground finder lastnight to all the outlets in the house. Everything electrical in the house is good. Now the kicker, I took the amp over to a neighbour's house and tried it there. Hum hum yet again. Today I'll email the ceo just so I have some extra backing...haha I'm gonna do it right now lol

it's a lemon for sure.......

What kind of lighting do you have in the room where your amp is? I have low voltage neon lighting in my studio, when I use the fuzz/overdrive on my Boss ME 50 the closer I am to the light switch the louder the hum gets... Turn off the light and no hum...

He's getting a silvertone and some fuzz and phaser pedals

I'm going to get 5 phasers. 3 fuzz pedals , chain them all together and then play some beatles songs...I wonder honestly if that'd work.,,,,nah probably all blow up and I get burnt in more ways than one lol

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Amp is going back and so are the boss pedals....stay tuned...it's a secret :)

Any news on this

I'm going to get 5 phasers. 3 fuzz pedals , chain them all together and then play some beatles songs...I wonder honestly if that'd work.,,,,nah probably all blow up and I get burnt in more ways than one lol

:-k[-(

Archived