Gibson Brands Forums

my SG Standard

DB Cooper

Is it possible to be in love with a guitar? I think I am in love with this guitar!

misc018.jpg

~DB

DB, I got a brand new SG Standard in March of 2011 (mine just came off the line the week before I bought it). In the words of Alice Cooper,

"Love It To Death". What a great guitar! The more I use it, the more I love it.[thumbup]

Is it possible to be in love with a guitar? I think I am in love with this guitar!

Yes, it is possible! I feel the same way about my Special. My only regret is that I will one day have to cheat on it with a Standard.

Congrats, they are both fine looking guitars!!

sweet guitar. When I eventually get a Standard, that's what I want mine to look like. I love my Special and will never part with it and actually chose it over the standards the store had in stock at the time, but eventually MUST have a standard in my future.

Nice!! I LOVE my Standard!! How's the Fender Mustang amp? I am considering getting the Mustang 3(the 100 watt one).

The Mustang is a great - it can do so many things right out of the box. I'm still figuring out the Fuse software capabilities. I have the Mustang II, which is the 40W version. It's a very powerful amp.

~DB

sweet guitar. When I eventually get a Standard, that's what I want mine to look like. I love my Special and will never part with it and actually chose it over the standards the store had in stock at the time, but eventually MUST have a standard in my future.

The SG is the one guitar I had always wanted. When I first started playing a few years ago, a $200 guitar seemed expensive - the SG was simply out of reach and out of my league. Then, as I started looking at electrics, I found the SG Faded at about $700...started playing one at the shop, then played a Special, then the Standard, then the coil-tap version... I played those guitars for nearly two months at the shop, and I knew this was the one - but how to justify $1200? Well, by then it didn't seem like all that much, really!

The day I took it home...well...just unbelievable. And now, I play it every day. And each time I lay down that Gibson case, snap open the latches, and lift the lid - I just get this giddy feeling of disbelief that this guitar is actually MINE! It's the most beautiful thing I've ever owned. Then, I clip on the Schaller strap locks on my padded leather Franklin strap (that I got them to throw in with the guitar) and sling that baby over my shoulders. I could almost be content with it unplugged, it's such a wonderful thing. But next, of course, I plug it in to my Fender Mustang II, find the setting I want, and strike that E chord. Breathless.

It's been over six months now, and the feeling still hasn't gone away!

(oh, and I love my Strat, too!)

~DB

• 2 weeks later...

Archived