Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! Gold and White!

musicmaker99

1956 Gold Top Reissue

A real looker and in pristine condition! However, it seems no different than my Standard in terms of neck radius and playbility. The P-90's are great-paid $350.

img9422.jpg

MIM Strat

and that's the real story here as I have searched high and low for a decent NON-SQUIRE-maple neck- strat that wouldn't break the bank. Finally, I found this MIM beauty that plays like butter and sounds absolutely dreamy (every bit as good as any USA I played). Not a mark on it, zero fret buzz, zero dead spots-perfect intonation and low action. I played it several times over the course of a week before buying it ($299 with plush lined case). At one point it was on hold and I was livid but the person never followed through. So, this was meant to be. It's my only REAL Fender after selling off my custom Tele a few weeks ago.

Sometimes one must cross over to the dark side in order to see the lighteusa_clap.gif

img9419x.jpg

I agree, a real Strat is best with a maple board, two lovely guitars for $650, you must be truly blessed MM99, HNGDx2 to you.

Thanks you guys. I just can't resist a good deal (but the gf is about ready to kill me)

So, I do believe these two newest additions make #18 and #19..............but.....wait there's more!!!!........while waiting to seal the deal on the strat I spotted a cool tobacco burst tele in the corner (at GC). I figured it was at the very least a MIM for $499 but when I flipped the price tag over it read $119! Even though it had a rosewood board (no self respecting tele would be caught dead in public wearing anything but maple on its neck) I was intrigued by the two humbuckers and the 5 way switch, so, I plugged her in and was floored by its versatility, playability and overal tone. $119?...wtf, wrap 'er up!

Funny, because they just got in two more of these little guys, one in red and another in black but they both had 3 way switches and not a 5 way like "mine". It turns out these are Squire Bullets, the lowest on the Fender food chain but dang, not bad at all for the $$$. I put it on Lay away cause...WAIT THERE'S MORE............

.........on my way to GC to get the Strat I stopped at one of my favorite pawn shops and they had an EPI G-400 SG FLAME TOP which I had been gassing for as they also had one at GC. I was ready to buy it last week but then the white strat came in and I became enamoured with it. At any rate, the pawn shops SG-400 FT was only $179!!!! I put it on lay away (I'm just so weak!)

106619737_lg.jpg

So, that's twenty one and I'm stopping there...................HA!!!

Great additions, MM ... I like your style! I also like your pictures better than mine ... mind if I USE THEM? [biggrin]

Sany0030.jpg

SANY0101.jpg

Seriously, congrats on some great deals on some great guitars!

Jim

I love the pickguard on the strat!!! Oh, and your pictures are ok, I guess, if one likes high resolution, in your face detail with umatched contrast and true to life colors.\:D/ Wheeeee!

Congrats on 2 great guitars-P-90s have such a great sound and the Strat looks real classy.The Strat looks like my MIM Jimmie Vaughn except the J.V. has a V neck and Tex-Mex pups.MIM Fenders have been getting an undeserved bad rap for years but they are great guitars.I have 3 MIM Fenders-2 Strats and a Tele and they are all great guitars.

Archived